Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ugh.  I am so frustrated >

Ugh. I am so frustrated

Ugh. I am so frustrated

Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM

yep...about like Beth's method, except she uses a glue stick instead of starch. I've figured out I don't care for Block of the Months...or mystery quilts...I hate waiting for the next clue/block! If I start a quilt, I wanna work on that quilt.. I now download the clues, but don't work on the project until I have them all.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Marvel
The best method I have ever seen was a Dutch Doll pattern. My friens sewed stitch witchery or something light, on the top of the patched piece, Turn over a cut a small opening in the stitch witchery . Now turn it all inside out and press. Her work was so perfect and I have never seen any turn out so smoothly.
Marvel it also helps to use pinking shears for trimming that is also smooth and it turns n icely give it a try . I use this method all the time. Roz.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:33 PM

Floriani shows how to applique using Appli-Kay wonder. I haven't tried it as I usually just do needle turn. If you look at the Floriani site you will find it
Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 PM

Forgot to add I love using Appli-Kay wonder for ordinary raw edge applique.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
someone posted this today - 'cheater's applique'. did you see it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ni__...eature=related
This is the one I do and it works quite well. It is certainly worth a try if you are having this much trouble.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:53 AM

Thank you for your advise on applique. I just introduced an applique project to my residents. I designed it (with my model) for them to use felt so they wouldn't have to needle turn and they could cut on the drawn edge after traceing the templates. There is one lady that insists that isn't how to applique. So she asked for regular fabric and the bird template. She then proceeded to trace the template and then cut on the line (without a seam allowance). There is'nt enough of that green floral fabric to make two more birds with seam allowance. I guess she will just have smaller birds. I think it's been years since she appliqued :lol: There are times I admire their spunk and other times I want to scream :XD: I love my job, I love my job......... :XD:
Old 06-17-2011, 05:02 AM

Don't you just love 'em ....

Originally Posted by cheri stonespinner
Thank you for your advise on applique. I just introduced an applique project to my residents. I designed it (with my model) for them to use felt so they wouldn't have to needle turn and they could cut on the drawn edge after traceing the templates. There is one lady that insists that isn't how to applique. So she asked for regular fabric and the bird template. She then proceeded to trace the template and then cut on the line (without a seam allowance). There is'nt enough of that green floral fabric to make two more birds with seam allowance. I guess she will just have smaller birds. I think it's been years since she appliqued :lol: There are times I admire their spunk and other times I want to scream :XD: I love my job, I love my job......... :XD: