Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Uh-oh...got a problem... >

Uh-oh...got a problem...

Uh-oh...got a problem...

Old 11-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I used to have machine envy, seeing everyone's great machines here on the board. That is until I got my Viking Sapphire! I just love that thing! It run so great, hardly ever a problem, no snarling or breaking thread. My 20 year old singer is still here for a backup and I just got a Singer treadle. My life is complete.... :)
I have the Sapphire 875 and I just love it! Also have 3 Singer treadles,2 Berninas,3 Featherweights,a Pfaff... If the electricity goes out I can still sew. :lol: I'm prepared. One of the treadles does a zig zag stitch too. When I moved to Texas in 1994 I had one machine, a lovely Bernina 1031; still use it sometimes. A sewing machine is a power tool, that's what I tell my DH. :D
i agree. it is the Tim Allen, Tool Time in all of us. if they make it we will come.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ginnie6
I have machine lust. There I said it. I don't need a new machine. Really i don't. I have several older ones now that aren't being used to their potential. And I mean there's only 1 of me and I only have a limited amount of time to sew. So why am I looking at machines online and drooling over them? Why is a cheap Brother machine at WM making my heart flutter? My old White does a perfectly good job...she even does fmq if the user would get better at it! And she's a pretty green color too. Is there a thing as machine addiction like there is fabric addiction?
D E F I N I T E L Y !!!
Old 11-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Oh geez....there are more of us out there!!! I have way too many machines, don't NEED another, but am always ogling them!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:26 PM

I have a perfectly good Elna that I would never part with and my original, a Sears. But I dream about having a duplicate to my mother's White. I haven't quilte got FW fever yet, but I did like my grandmother's machine. I'm sure the day is coming when I will want one like it. A new machine - not so much.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:32 PM

I think there is. I think it goes with our hobby. I have one machine that does embroidery, so I try not to move it much. I also have an older Viking that I used as my traveler; it sews perfectly, but it was so heavy. So a couple years ago my husband bought me a new Janome, a little heavier than the Jem, but with more capability. Also lighter than my old Viking. So with 3 machines, that should do me for a lifetime. But I sure enjoy reading over the advertisements in quilting magazines. They are always coming up with newer, faster and better ways to make our sewing experience more enjoyable!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

So is there a support group for those with SMAD? I have 3 BabyLocks (Esante, Ellure and Ellegante, my old (and I love it) New Home 7000, an even older New Home, an Imagine serger, a Singer serger (that I keep set as a cover stitch machine) and my treadle (that I keep for when electricity becomes impossible to afford LOL). Just gave away an embellisher that I used almost never. Yikes, I need a support group...wait, I have you guys..
Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 PM

I have a Janome Horizon (MC7700) which was a trade-up on my 5-year old Janome MC6600O; when I bought my quilting frame a Janome 1600P came with it which was only 4 years old. I have an Elna serger also. I also have a 20-year old Singer, which I keep just in case, but I have been so spoiled with the Horizon that I think I will donate it to charity pretty soon. Once in a while I look at other machines, or wish I could get an embroidery machine, but for the kind of sewing & quilting I do, I prefer hand embroidery. I guess I am not 'SMAD'.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:48 PM

I just bought a new Brother 6000D Quatro and it is only 2 days old but I am loving it. I don't think I am addicted because I haven't sewn in years, but I am getting ready to retire in about a year and am thinking I need a creative outlet. I wanted to learn quilting, but so far my spare time has been embroidering. I have lots of time to learn though. It is fun...
Old 11-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Power Poster

I have 5 machines and only use 2 full time, others aren't as good as the 2 identical ones I use full time.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:09 PM

It is a true addiction I have 3 only bought 1 new other two are used. But I am always looking for a embroidery machine but it is not to be on my ss disability. But I can still window shop and dream