Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Update to "Mourning At My House"

Phaedra,
    Thanks for the info , very much appreciated.

Glad to hear your baby is better. Don't worry, I think you can reclaim your "good mom" status as it sounds as if you have remediated and learned from your harsh care.LOL
    Now, I know this may sound strange....How do you know how many stitches you have on your machine? Is there a counter somewhere? (Please don't laugh, I really do not know).

REmember to clean, cleane clean. Every morining before I sew I clean the bobbin out.

Take care or next time they may hold it longer. hehe

I bought a set of mini vacum attachments for my vacum cleaner and use it to clean my sewing machine. It was sold to clean computers and other electronics but is great for my sewing machine. I've had the attachments for years but see they are now sold in Clothildes and other sewing catalogs.

Blog Entries
    OMG I am so glad she is ok! Guess I will find how many stitches mine has sewn this weekend! I'm looking to trade up & I know that is what they look at! I have an old Bernina 170qpe that is my stand by machine. I don't know what I'd do with out my 'ninas

Love your descriptions! Wow, that is a LOT of stitches.

How do you count stitches?????

shequilts-are you a writer? you have such an entertaining way with words! I'm glad you are back in the sewing mode again.

I've started using canned air to clean out my machine. It is awesome. It is marketed for cleaning computer keyboards but another sewer suggested it for the sewing machine. I got several cans of it for Christmas, so should be set for a lot of sewing dust and lint.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a blog? If not, you should have one. Great writing style.

Please, Please, Please whatever you do - do not use Canned Air. It is has moisture in the can. When you use it, the moisture blows the lint into the front of the machine making the lint clog. Repair shops love it when you use it - they can charge you more for your cleaning. Some of them will even tell you to use it. It can make the electronics get clogged up and you will either end up buying a new mother board or screen or inside motes or switches. These components are very costly for you and makes more money for the repair shops due to the mark up on these items.

Phaedra

Blog Entries
    I used canned air on my keyboard - MY BAD. I now have fuzzies down in my keyboard - it's like a covering of grease holding onto the dirt. DON'T USE IT. Ask me howo I know!!!!

I just knew that she just had a slight cough! You might want to check the type of thread you are using. Some thread has a lot of lint!

Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    There is a counter, but hidden inside. I don't know if all Berninas have it, but I suspect they all do. My repairman had to open the case to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a counter somewhere on all Bernina's or just select ones? I have a Bernina and know nothing of a counter. Help!!!
    As a Bernina owner, I too would like to know if there is a counter on them somewhere and if so where? I have had my 930 over 30 years so I imagine there is a stitch or two on it. :mrgreen:
    I have two Berninas and I never knew that...learn something new everyday at this site.

Oh my, cant imagine what I would end up doing if my Janome went down! I have a small Brother, but it's nothing compared to my beauty. A simple machine that actually would take me longer to use since I would be looking for the upgrades to mearly cut thread andset stitiches.

Your girl counts on you to take care of her. 4+million stitches! WOW, now that's getting your money's worth for sure.

So glad to hear that your baby is back home after her "healing appointment".

Thank you for all the cleanings tips, do's and don'ts. They apply to any type of machine that we're using.

I think I learn something new on this board every day.

Pam M

Blog Entries
    Welcome home baby!

Blog Entries
    So, my manual for my Janome says this machine never needs oiling. How do you explain this? I can't believe it. I want to get the oil can out and squirt everywhere. I haven't but I want to. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by shequilts
    Thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and thoughts for my ailing Bernina. It's so good to have friends who really care in times of trouble.
    I'm happy to report that my baby is now home. In fact, she's rather feisty since her return. She has a smile I haven't seen for a while and it makes me happy to hear her "run."
    The bad news is; I've subsequently been named "worst mother of the year." It seems she was suffering from
    "malnutrition" and "lint balls."
    She was given a transfusion of lubricant and had some minor surgery to remove impacted fuzzies. :oops:

I've been placed on probation until I can demonstrate
    proper care for my beloved, and I must read a chapter from the Bernina Owner's Manual everyday for a week.
    I may be subjected to unannounced home visits for random inspections of my baby's care. Whew!
    Now in a serious vein: My poor Bernina merely needed cleaning and oil. I had not taken her for a tune up for two years. My lint removal evidently was not suffricient.
    A most interesting fact is that I had sewn 4,475,487 stitches since her last tune up. I guess Bernina's really do last forever!
    How do you determine how many stitches have been sewn? I have a Bernina and have never seen a stitch counter!! ;=))

Took my "baby" (Bernina 930) in for a cleaning and tune up last year and found out she needed new feed dogs! Those babies had about worn flat and I didn't even notice. She's really digging into my fabric now! Made a huge difference. Wonder how many stitches it took to wear those teeth down? Glad yours is happy again. My little Bernina sews so well that I forget she needs cleaning, etc.

OUCH.. impacted fuzzies that hurts lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan quilter
    This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a counter somewhere on all Bernina's or just select ones? I have a Bernina and know nothing of a counter. Help!!!
    I was thinking the exact thing!!

Better watch your ps and qs since you are on probation. lol. Glad it wasn't too serious and she could be cured with some tlc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast