Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Update on Sewing room >

Update on Sewing room

Update on Sewing room

Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 PM

So today, I decided to start on something in my room and do some little at a time. I spent an hour finding fabrics in that mess, brought them into the office/room and put them on boards I had. Then went and emptied another little box and did more. Here a couple pictures of what I am doing. These will be on shelves in the room tomorrow morning. I am starting on the left side of the room where the two main shelves are. Then I decided to shop around and find those wonderful shelves everyone has by Ikea only from someone else as no Ikea here. Hubby can build them too so will compare costs to make or buy. Big Lots has shelves once in a while. ALso thinking about Lowe's, they have cabinets you can buy and stack, etc.

I will worry about sorting by color and style later. Just need to fabric out of boxes, off the floor, etc. Color sorting will come later. It's a start.

And no that is not all the fabric. Just two boxes I emptied out to do. I figure I will empty boxes, then attack the floor.
Tomorrow morning, Everything in the middle of the room comes out into the hallway in picture #1 on last post. Closing the french doors which separates that end of the house from the main part. Told hubby to use the back door a week. LOL

He made me a special sized shelf for my Fat qtrs. WILl have picture of that as soon as I fill it up, won't take long to find them.
And so my journey begins.....thanks for the inspiration.

Fabric 2 yds + on longer bolts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158495[/ATTACH]

Fabric 1 - 2 yds on comic boards. And the pile on the left is fabric needing boards which I have but they are in that room. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]158861[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-158490.jpe   attachment-158856.jpe  
Old 02-19-2011, 07:57 PM

That's a good start. Hurray. You'll be done before you know it.

You've been busy! I love the fabric in the pics! I spy some L.Burch?

Way to go, Debbie!! Look at the progress you've made in just ONE day!! Take baby steps and you'll have it done before you know it. The cabinets from IKEA that I've been looking at are the "Billy" model and they're $59. Good price an d quality for what you're getting. I'm sure you're handy hubby can fix up some shelves for you.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I have decided to reorganize my fabric so that I can see what I have. I think I will take a week off from quilting and get started. Good luck with your project and show us how it turns out.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 PM

Wonderful!!! I have been chipping away at organizing too! You go girl!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 PM

Definitely Laura BUrch. But not all of it. LIke I said, getting them on boards and bolts and folded, then I will put by designer like her, Mark Lipinski, Kaffe, etc. I feel good about what I got done. Still working later to sit and go thru the book shelves. I can sit and do those and watch tv. I hope I can find the remote. Oh no......
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Great Start Debbie!!! It will look SO good when you are done. I really need to start on mine again but have to catch up on some projects first.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:01 PM

Dka - thanks for info on the shelves. Not as high as I thought. I love the cube look. I have all different shelves in there now would like it all alike so it will look at least a little matched. I am going to label shelves and drawers too. It took longer finding fabric to put on boards than it did to wrap them.

And the sad part, you can't even tell I made a dent yet. But I did. There is so much and I forgot I had some of that fabric and it was in the front of the room. Still a lot to do. Thanks for the encouragement. Hugs to everyone.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:02 PM

Looking good! I have 20 (BLUSH) tubs in what were are now calling the fabric room anex. Oh my, someday I will have a bigger room to store everything in. Just can't convince DH that we don't need a living room. Hes says its bad enough that I have my quilting machine in here.