Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
upper thread breakage >

upper thread breakage

upper thread breakage

Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by quiltbible
Thank you all for all your suggestions. After a good night sleep, I decided to give my machine one last cleaning before it goes off to the shop. I took off the cover to check and clean my upper tension again. This time, I followed my thread as it went through all the twist and turns of threading. I discovered there was a big piece of lint hidden in one of the tension area (not sure how I missed that...lol). Again, I thank you all for coming to my rescue :thumbup:

Tea :D
I am so glad for your dscovery....We do learn the hard way... :lol:
Old 09-27-2009, 11:04 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Prism99
Also, did you change the bobbin before this problem started?

Someone gave me a machine that worked fine, and then suddenly started doing what you have described. They had replaced the plastic bobbin with another plastic bobbin that was actually meant for a different machine. They looked very similar.

Someone else on the forum had this happen after she replaced her machine's metal bobbin with a universal plastic bobbin. Switching back to the metal bobbin fixed the problem.
That was me and I'm STILL eternally grateful to you Prism for sorting me out that time! :D I was about to suggest this, but I see you had a lint problem. I'm glad you had it sorted, it's so frustrating when this happens - when I had it, I think I used my whole repertoire of bad words before calming down and coming on here to ask for help! These girls (and guys!) are the best! :D
Old 09-28-2009, 01:58 AM

Glad you got it straightened out!!

K3N....I won't EVER use anything other than the bobbins that go with my machine. Learned that the hard way. Spent money on prewound bobbins, only to have them make my machine go into fits. Politely tossed ALL of those bobbins into the garbage. Ok, maybe it wasn't politely....lol
Old 09-28-2009, 03:05 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Glad you got it straightened out!!

K3N....I won't EVER use anything other than the bobbins that go with my machine. Learned that the hard way. Spent money on prewound bobbins, only to have them make my machine go into fits. Politely tossed ALL of those bobbins into the garbage. Ok, maybe it wasn't politely....lol
Yup - I've since ordered a stack of bobbins from my machine's supplier... :D