Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
URGENT >

URGENT

URGENT

Old 03-11-2011, 09:12 PM

Some of these comments make me realize why many people just lurk on the board instead of posting. They dont want to get shot down.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:17 PM

LOL so sweet! I didn't blink an eye when I saw "urgent" and it was because of something being discontinued! Thank goodness it isn't something I use or I would have had to not buy groceries for a couple weeks!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:52 PM

Thank you for sharing. This will be important to many.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
A little bit more care in the title would help some of us with SLOW LOADING pages not to waste time waiting to read things we aren't even remotely interested in. I see teasers like this posted all the time and wish people would think of others before they do this. Maybe "URGENT-- Bunny Hill Fabric in Short Supply" would have been a fairer way to go. I still don't think I would have used the term URGENT, but rather saved that for a true human emergency. Just my one person's opinion... Your mileage may vary.
I have to agree. The subject line on this board can be really long and detailed and very few take advantage of that fact. I do agree that sometimes it is urgent to get a fabric before it's gone, but fabrics are discontinued every day.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:07 AM
Banned

While I understand (and even agree with) what some of you are saying about making the subject line a bit more informative, I have to ask, why single out Jellybelly? Lots of folks on here aren't as complete with their subject lines as they could be. And I do mean lots. Okay, it's a bit of an annoyance sometimes, but we do have to allow for different perspectives on these things. To some of you, the point of Jellybelly's post isn't an urgent matter at all. To others, this is big news that they are happy to have. Either way, she was trying to be helpful.

In a perfect world (and a perfect quilting forum) subject lines would be thorough, informative and complete. But I've yet to find that world, or that forum, so let's just play nice and be tolerant. :D
Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 PM

Maybe getting that info out to the folks who are doing the blocks was urgent to her. I think we could all be a little nicer to each other sometimes.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:53 AM

Gees, cut the girl some slack will ya. I've seen plenty of crappy topic titles. Not everyone spends every waking moment here with their "slow downloading" computer reading every topic.

We quilters tend to think that this kind of thing is important...to everyone....

I found a fabric line once that I absolutely loved and unfortunately it had already been discontinued and the LQS hadn't taken down the quilt made with it yet. I spent a year searching for every single fabric in that line so I could do the quilt. I found it all and have it all kitted up and ready to go.

Maybe she was just trying to be nice and give everybody the heads up so they wouldn't have to do what I did.

No harm no foul.