Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urgg.... I did it again!

I went purchase for fabrics. :shock:

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore fabric until I finish my projects. I have too my UFO's already!

Focus, focus, and focus. Need to go back and just focus on my UFO's now!

Thanks for letting me vent!

P.S. does anyone have a cure for this sickness?

don't go to the stores. that is my problem. or set a limit of one little roll from the remnant bin, that is what I do. It helps me get my fabric fix and at the same time keep the budget in tact.

Quote Originally Posted by sew_lulu

If you find a cure for it please let me know...or a cure for vintage machine collecting lol
    Hugs
    April

Did the same thing today.

But it was on sale......????

When you see a fabric, promise to think about it. If you still want it the next time (no going back the same day!!!) then think about it one more time. Then, and only then, can you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToucanSam
    Did the same thing today.

But it was on sale......????
    oh yeah, that was the reason why I purchased it.

No. There is no known cure. I have UFO's also, and I wouldn't have it any other way. The reason for this is that, if I should get bored working on one, I can switch to another. They will all get done............eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by sahm4605
    don't go to the stores. that is my problem. or set a limit of one little roll from the remnant bin, that is what I do. It helps me get my fabric fix and at the same time keep the budget in tact.
    I didn't leave the house. I purchased it on line......

:lol:

I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore fabric until I finish my projects. I have too my UFO's already!

Hey, it isn't a sickness! If it is, I'd have a severe case of it. :lol: My motto...

There is NO SUCH THING as too much fabric!!!

And I've decided that I can't die until I use it all up and make every pattern that catches my fancy. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany

Hey, it isn't a sickness! If it is, I'd have a severe case of it. :lol: My motto...

There is NO SUCH THING as too much fabric!!!

And I've decided that I can't die until I use it all up and make every pattern that catches my fancy. ;)
    That was my intention. To finish my wip before buying anything more. It's definitely not working.

OMG -- you are as bad as me!!!! :lol: :lol: I can find fabric to buy or stuff for my sewing room just about anywhere I go :lol: :lol:

Leave your credit/debit card (whatever you are using to pay for it with) in the car in the glove box, stick it under a note about not buying fabric. Then when you want to buy something not only do you have to go outside to the car but you have to read the note and feel guilty!

I'm glad I don't have this problem!

Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    Leave your credit/debit card (whatever you are using to pay for it with) in the car in the glove box, stick it under a note about not buying fabric. Then when you want to buy something not only do you have to go outside to the car but you have to read the note and feel guilty!

Good suggestion, except we have car thiefs going around here lately.

I do like the note reminding not to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce

OMG -- you are as bad as me!!!! :lol: :lol: I can find fabric to buy or stuff for my sewing room just about anywhere I go :lol: :lol:
    How dangerous!!!!

Unfortunately (in my dh's view anyway) I know my credit card details off by heart. My mum was amazed when I rang a shop one day to have them set aside something for me and rattled off all the info without even looking for my card. I suppose it's a bad thing...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now that is impressive, but very dangerous!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
    Unfortunately (in my dh's view anyway) I know my credit card details off by heart. My mum was amazed when I rang a shop one day to have them set aside something for me and rattled off all the info without even looking for my card. I suppose it's a bad thing...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only cure is to stop cold turkey and get rid of everything you have. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!! I kill myself sometimes. LMAO!!!

Baby steps! 8-)

If I'm feeling the desperate need for a fabric fix. I just buy a couple of fat quarters. Only $5.00 spent and I feel better.

I just need a little hit of fabric for the shakes to go away. :-)

Blog Entries
    I really don't know if this even works for me, but it seems if I go to the fabric store with something very specific in mind I leave with very little. Yesterday I went looking for fabric with cars at least 4 inches long to applique on a border. Could not find anything except the movie "cars" and they won't do. I didn't buy anything. I have done this before when I had something special in my head.

bj
    Online shopping definitely puts a crimp in my willpower! :D :D

I think it is an illness, tell yourself you are not allowed to buy anything without a coupon. That's what I've done for a while....it has helped a little....just a little....

I took my daughter with me last Friday night to JoAnn's to get some material to make my GS a couple pairs of swimming trunks. She had just a short time before she had to go to work, so we bought the fabric & out of the store we went.

Now today, hubby & I celebrated our 36th anniversary by going on a road trip an hour away to get a burger at a little burger joint. A place where we went on our first date, but there is only 1 of those little burger places left here in Ohio.
    We went to a couple stores, no I didn't buy fabric, BUT hubby picked out a pair of really pretty curtains. Is that considered fabric? IF it is... he picked it out, not me! I was shocked at his choice. He had them in his hands when I came around to the aisle. He asked, will these fit our one window? He's a keeper for sure! :)

Take someone with you.... it might help.

My sister and I call it our "sickness"... we cannot help that we have a sickness and that is our story and we're sticking to it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruthruff3
    My sister and I call it our "sickness"... we cannot help that we have a sickness and that is our story and we're sticking to it!!!!
    At least, you have a partner in crime. How fun!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast