Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Use your EQ7 to make quilt labels >

Use your EQ7 to make quilt labels

Use your EQ7 to make quilt labels

Old 05-03-2011, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by FWDesigns
Originally Posted by dunster
I've been using EQ to make labels, first EQ6 and now EQ7. I put blocks around the edge of the label that are just like the blocks on the front of the quilt (but smaller)
Do you have a pic that you could share to show us what this looks like. Sounds lovely.
Sure. I took out my name and inserted "name goes here". If you look in EQ7 under help (type in label as the search word) you get concise directions on how to make labels.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-192292.jpe  
Old 05-03-2011, 07:22 AM

Thanks so very much, dunster!! :thumbup: I'll do just that later today. Looking so forward to being able to do this in EQ7. :D

Your label is absolutely wonderful!! Do you use purchased fabric sheets or make your own? The clarity of your daughter's pic is wonderful! Have you had any problems with ink fading over time? Do you use a particular printer or certain printer ink? Are you just heat setting your label with your iron after it's made? Hope I'm not asking too many questions, but with something as important as a quilt, I'd like to do the best job with the label that I can. Thanks again for all your helpful information! :thumbup:
Old 05-03-2011, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

I am by no means an expert on printing to fabric. I don't know how well it holds up, because I haven't been doing it that long. I bought the Printed Treasures fabric sheets at JoAnn's and followed the directions. I have an older HP printer. I have been told that there are some printers that give better results than others, but I don't know which ones.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:56 PM

Very nice label. Thanks for all the info.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
I am by no means an expert on printing to fabric. I don't know how well it holds up, because I haven't been doing it that long. I bought the Printed Treasures fabric sheets at JoAnn's and followed the directions. I have an older HP printer. I have been told that there are some printers that give better results than others, but I don't know which ones.
Thanks, dunster. I've only made a few myself over the years and haven't heard from the recipients how they're holding up. I have an old HP printer, too and an inexpensive Canon one, too. I actually liked the label I printed off the Canon better this time. Ya never know. So many variables.

I've been using EQ Printables because I heard they were the best a couple of years ago, but now I'm hearing a lot of good about the Printed Treasures ones.