Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Using a Go Baby to cut sizzlits >

Using a Go Baby to cut sizzlits

Using a Go Baby to cut sizzlits

Old 04-29-2016, 02:57 PM

Default Using a Go Baby to cut sizzlits

I have a Go Baby I want to use Sizzix sizzlits/dies or other brands to cut paper shapes is there anyone who has worked out how to do it? What could I use for the base plate then the shims?
I really don't want to purchase another machine as I am not getting into paper craft just want to occasionally cut things for my granddaughters.
Really appreciate any help.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Sizzix dies with the plastic base will not work in a GO. They are too thick and will damage your machine. The platforms that are sold for sizzlets (acid etched wafer dies) will also be too thick because they will be sized for either a Sizzix or Zipe cut. You are going to have to experiment a bit. I would start with a piece of quarter inch plywood (is that available there?) cut to a size that will go thru the machine, then add an old magazine, and use the GO cutting mat. Make a stack with the plywood magazine and die, lay it on a table and compare it with the height of a GO die. The magazine is nice because you can just tear off pages until you get to the correct height.