Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Using a sharpie as a fabric marker in the seams >

Using a sharpie as a fabric marker in the seams

Using a sharpie as a fabric marker in the seams

Old 02-06-2023, 04:09 AM

I also second the Crayola fine tipped markers (completely washable). Multiple colored markers come in the box and they would surely be one you could use for any color fabric.
Old 02-06-2023, 04:22 AM

I use the silver permanent Sharpie markers, I discovered them by accident. I thought I had bought black Sharpies but no they were silver. So I gave them the wash test and they were fine, no bleeding, nothing changed. Since it was a two pack I'm going to continue using them. When they no longer work I'm going to try the Crayola markers.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Power Poster

My grandsons have a cotton dress shirt that has been handed down three times to the three of them. It has black Sharpie scribbles all along the front the first boy put there. My daughter said the shirt cost too much to throw away so the child will wear it as an everyday shirt. The scribbles actually look good on it. That shirt has been washed many many times and the marks are still there.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

I use the silver Sharpies to draw the 1/4 fabric allowance around the Accuquilt die blades. Those with the dies know how useful that is.
Old 02-06-2023, 01:20 PM

I opted to use the silver because you could also see it on dark fabric. If the silver is too light, I'll use black on light fabric. I also have gold... mmmmm
Old 02-08-2023, 07:58 AM

I have used the washable crayola's ( fine point) many times. Tested many of them. Just don't use red, brown or black. These seemed not to wash out completely.