Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vacuuming up the dust, scraps and assorted pins >

Vacuuming up the dust, scraps and assorted pins

Vacuuming up the dust, scraps and assorted pins

Old 10-10-2016, 06:56 AM

Rarely do I have just one project going at a time. I, also, enjoy thread crochet, cross stitch, some knitting, drawing, sewing, `etc. Currently I'm working on a GFG quilt, pillows , cutting down a size "large" costume to a size "small" for my granddaughter , getting ready to hand quilt a top that's finished and cross stitch. I'm fortunate enough, thanks to my son (!), to have a large sewing room but there's something going one at all times. But, to me, it's comfy and inspirational and even though it may look confusing to others I know exactly where everything is. As others have said, I do pick up pins, etc. as they drop and sweep at least once a week.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
You're sure to have some things you've been missing but it sounds like you've accomplished a lot in the past couple of days. I have to keep my sewing room clean as it also serves as a guest room and the only guest room with a queen size bed. I always feel rejuvenated when I start a project in a clean space.
I switched out my guest bed to another room so that only my sewing stuff is in my sewing room, or what I like to refer to it now as my "Quilting Studio". I want to think the name change will make me more productive, but it hasn't. LOL
Old 10-10-2016, 08:36 AM
mac

Nothing makes me create less than a clean room. A clean, organized room, freezes my brain and all creativity stops. Better I have stuff around and be creative than have a clean room where I can only just sit and look at things.

Having said that, when I am in my messy sewing room and I can't think, that is the only time when I realize I need to clean up. Even then, I try not to organize too much.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:05 AM

While I was thinking about it I heard the vacuum and my sweet DH did it for me.