Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Vegetable/fruit fabrics for canning jar quilt? >

Vegetable/fruit fabrics for canning jar quilt?

Vegetable/fruit fabrics for canning jar quilt?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:47 PM

I purchased some of mine at my LQS, others I purchased at different quilt conventions/shows. Each time I go I see more that would look great "canned". I better get going on making my jar quilt soon or I might end up with enough fabrics to make 10 jar quilts!!!!

Numa just posted a "bountiful blessings" quilt of jars, crates and baskets of fruits and veggies. It really is awesome.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:54 PM

I wonder... Now this is a little different idea. If you knew someone who actually has these CANNED fruilts and veggies.. took a picture, placed on your material. put in your jars. and called it mom's canning quilt??? :) Would be totally different than any one else has (I think) :)
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Joanns had at least 15 different fruit/veggie prints when I was there today. All grouped together in one section
Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM

I am going to start shopping at Favorite Fabrics. Support your friends. Great veggie fabric.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:16 AM

Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas! Surely between Joanns and my online options I'll be able to find just the right fruits and veggies!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:55 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by granma1
I am going to start shopping at Favorite Fabrics. Support your friends. Great veggie fabric.
Thank you, Granma1! I always appreciate the business that comes from fellow members on the Quilting Board.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by kingspb
Last night I saw a beautiful quilt on here by collady called "My Pantry". I went to sleep last night thinking about what I would put into my jars! Question is this...where do I find all these different varieties of fruits and vegetables? I'm wanting to do mine with some of the things my Mom actually has canned like tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, peaches, pears, purple hull peas. Any ideas would be appreciated!
I am working on one right now and I am using ONLY RJR Farmers Market fabrics. Mine come from the LQS. They are running around $9 per yard but really a FQ will do what you want to do. I wasn't thinking and got 1/2 yard of 30 different prints. I have enough for at least 4 queen quilts and lots of fabric left over. The one I am doing now does not have 2 jars alike. I am even putting some produce in baskets on the shelves. Poor hubby has got to be sick of me asking what he thinks and how it looks but bless his heart he always gives me an answer but I will tell you that to be so simple it is probably the most time consuming quilt I have ever worked on. Hopefully I will have the top finished this weekend and I will proudly and gladly post pics.