Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Viking accesories

I feel I've been all over the web looking for a 1/4" foot. The prices are scary. $25.00 for plastic but would prefer metal. Anyone know of a site with decent pricing? TIA, Karen

Viking brand feet are very expensive. The walking foot is around $85. But for my metal 1/4" foot, I think I paid around $25-30.

I paid 32.00 for my 1/4" foot with guide. All of their feet are expensive. But then so are the machines.

Blog Entries
    Have you checked out amazon.com or overstock.com? I was very surprised to see how many machines and accessories they have on those sites. When I ordered bobbins and Janome feet from Overstock they came from Sewing Machines Plus.

Blog Entries
    Is your machine a low shank? I think most Vikings are. If so, you might be able to get away with a generic. If your's takes snap on feet, you might have to unscrew the ankle and screw the foot on by itself. Some quilt shops sell them. Do you have anything local? Or a Sewing/Vacuum store in your town? I can get any part I need from my local sewing shop. If he doesn't have what I want, he orders it.

You could try ebay too.

if it's any consolation, it is worth every penny. You will use it for years and come to love it (Personal experience talking!)

Prices for Viking accessories are crazy high. Today I am going up to get the walking foot for mine. $139.00. I hope it helps with the creep. But it does come with a SID foot and a1/4" foot as well as guides for parallel stitching. I just got my practice machine quilting sheets and can't wait to try to see what my Viking can do.

Blog Entries
    Where can I find a Viking walking foot for $85.00? The quilt shop where I take lessons has it for about $110.00. The machines are great if a bit pricey.

I have the Viking SE and the piecing foot is more accurate that the 1/4' foot and it came with the machine.

I just purchased a metal one yesterday for my viking I paid $23.00. One note the metal you can adjust the needle so you can sew a scant 1/4 inch , but the plastic one is a single hole with no way you can move the needle. They also make a 1/4 inch metal with out the bumper or guide. IF you want the one with out the guide , send me a PM , I really prefer the bumper/guide, and would be willing to trade.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    I switched from a Brother to a Viking and the 1/4" foot fit. So did the walking foot, but the screw is b-a-r-e-l-y long enough. I think they just SAY that theirs are needed. Why wouldn't any snap on foot work? just saying ...

I always check ebay. I have gotten my walking foot for only $43.00 w/shipping . My got I my 1/4" with guide for $17.95 w/shipping. So if you deal with ebay, try there.

Which model Viking do you have? Mine has a 1/4 in. setting to use with the regular piecing foot. Measures a perfect scant 1/4 in.

This machine came to me after my MIL passed. It's an Emma which I believe is a Sew Easy(?). I just tried my 1/4 foot from my Brother and it's not even close. OS doesn't show any. Will try Amazon again. As far as the walking foot-I'm not paying that much-I'll use one of the Brothers.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    About the 1/4" setting for the regular piecing foot ... maybe it's me, but I get a more accurate seam with my 1/4" foot - just two threads farther in than the regular foot. I have an old Designer 1 that's a workhorse. My advice is that before you buy a new Viking foot, check the one you have first, if it's a snap-on.

I have a Husqvarna/Viking and was appalled at the prices for accessories. Prior to that purchase, I had a Kenmore. Believe it or not, Kenmore accessories work on my new H/V. The only thing that will not are the bobbins. I have also bought generic feet from the racks that work too on H/V. Just look for labeling that says "Kenmore".

I paid $75.00 when everyone else wanted over $100.00 for a replacement walking foot for my Viking Rose. Call Viking & get the exact part no. for your machine & then do a Google search for the part no.

Quote Originally Posted by Momo
    Where can I find a Viking walking foot for $85.00? The quilt shop where I take lessons has it for about $110.00. The machines are great if a bit pricey.

I just ordered a 1/4" foot from Amazon that "looks" like it will work. $1.25 plus shipping. Figured I wasn't losing much if it doesn't work. Will post again when it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    About the 1/4" setting for the regular piecing foot ... maybe it's me, but I get a more accurate seam with my 1/4" foot - just two threads farther in than the regular foot. I have an old Designer 1 that's a workhorse. My advice is that before you buy a new Viking foot, check the one you have first, if it's a snap-on.
    I also recently purchased a Viking 1/4" foot with the guide for about $25 I think. What a disappointment. I was working on a BOM from my LQS and made the mistake of changing feet midway through thinking it would be the same - not on your life. Fortunately I was able to return the foot so no $$ lost but half of my block was off quite a bit. I will say that with my Platinum I got quite a variety of feet so that I think for most of my sewing (quilting and home dec primarily at this point) I'll be set to jet without having to buy additional accessories. I've even been able to do pretty accurate piping with what I have on hand.

Blog Entries

This is where I got my Viking walking foot at a much cheaper price than anyone else. Easy to deal with - no problems. I even got free shipping.

http://www.sew4less.com/presserfeet.php

Blog Entries
    You may want to check out this site:

http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....ore/index.html

I have purchased all of my Viking feet from them and paid $39 for my walking foot (have an older Viking). Of course maybe the newer feet are more expensive?? Anyway, I have always received my order within about 4 days time. I think it is free shipping for small items. Great online store!

Kim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nycquilter
    if it's any consolation, it is worth every penny. You will use it for years and come to love it (Personal experience talking!)
    I can't live without mine! And the points of the stars come out very well with it.

I have purchased several Husqvarna feet from sewingstyle.com. They have a couple different 1/4" feet

http://www.sewingstyle.com/Husqvarna...sser-Feet.html

FOr 1/4" piecing, I always use the edge stitching foot. It has a flange on the right side of the foot. I move the needle to the right to give me a 1/4" between the needle and the flange. Then I sew with my pieces lined up against the flange.

Quote Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
    My 1/4 foot from my Viking #1 also fit my Topaz. Like someone else stated - if you get one you will not be sorry and will use it for years. I use mine every day. And it is very easy to change feet. I'm surprised that so many are saying the price of accessories are high. I always firgure you get what you pay for and I have been satisfied with all the Vikings I have owned. (three machines and two sergers)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast