Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Virtual Quilt club - 7/14

Blog Entries
    Name:  a.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  248.7 KBHere is my first block. Thinking a white border may work around this block. The middle is off white..looks she may have used Muslim fabric

Blog Entries
    The smallest block she had left no room on the borders...I had to cut them all down to 8 inches. So some of the butterflies will be sewn on, but that is ok...it just looks like they are flying in the flowers.

Well, a little after 5pm, in my part of the country, was getting tired and when that comes along it is best that I quit so I don't make a whole bunch of mistakes. Needed to go the grocery store. That is done. So I am going to enjoy the air conditioning.

Blog Entries
    Well, I have run out of umphhhhh. Will have to continue tomorrow. Had a great time. These quilt alongs are fabulous for me; I seem to accomplish more than on any other day. Thanks for hosting and everyone else for posting.
    Brenda

I got all my strips cut, got my strip sets sewn and was about to start cutting the sets apart when I got cold (makes no sense it is 100 degrees here) and hubby sent me to bed with a nasty fever. I just woke up, about to go back to bed and see if I can't finish things up tomorrow if I am feeling better.

I'm done for the day. I finished pressing all my swap blocks! Just in time too, it has gotten really muggy and the hot iron was too much. Have a good evening all.

Blog Entries
    Well I am done...I finished putting the side borders on the block tomorrow I will do the other sides - sashing. so tired...busy, busy day....thank-you all...hope to see you all tomorrow! My last day of my vacation.

Blog Entries
    Carolaug, that pie looks great. I put the recipe in my favorites so that I can make it soon. I am going to use raspberries instead of the blueberries. Our patch is producing 3 quarts every other day. So eating/freezing/giving away lots.

Just found this thread, but I quilted and put binding on a Christmas throw for my SIL. Will finish it tomorrow and show pictures. I'm quite pleased with it. First time I have ever done a braided border. Now I know I will do more, because I really like the way this one turned out.

See you all tomorrow.
    Di
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Want to join this? It's big time fun!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...a-t194366.html
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

After working a flower bed at church, I had to have a nap. A friend brought me a Singer Futura machine that was her Mothers so I had to piece a quilt top.(I teach quilting at a local Women's shelter so that is what the machine is for) The top is made of 2 1/2" pre printed strips. I did 7"sqs Rail Fence pattern. Hope to get the border on today. This quilt will go to a local hospital.

trying to do a French Braid today. Figured it's better than cleaning and/or cooking!!

Pretty wall hanging!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Set up mynew kenmore machine last night, started sewing after breakfast, hubby came down-could not beleive the machine makes no noise. Have sewn 8 rows of patchwork so far.......thanks for the motivation

I'm just getting underway but I have an "easy" objective for today: piece the "Modern Dresden" block from the Craftsy BOM class. I'm about 135 miles away from the house containing my sewing room but I can do this today on the trusty Featherweight with fabric scraps and stop putting it off! Thanks for the motivation!

Hello everyone! I need this virtual quilt day. I will be sandwiching a quilt today so I can start quilting it. I really dread it. The one part of quilting I can do without!

These butterflies look like some that my mother and her friends made about 70 years ago.. they are great!
    I have some blocks my mom had and now I have had for many years I want to get made up. They are friendship quilt blocks with each persons name on the center..(all are gone now but I remember each of them) lots of memories of good times on the farm in South Dakota..

Blog Entries

Vivian's RWB Virtual quilting day 7-15-12

Name:  RWB top 07-15-12_1505.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  69.7 KBWell, I did it - I made three stars 1 practice 2 for Red,White, Blue wall hanging/table topper. I used El Burns flying geese ruler - which is my first time so I made 4 flying geese - practice too! Then began my RWB rail fence. Pretty productive day for me. Have top done, binding cut, ready to sandwich & quilt. Thanks for the day!

I got my quilt sandwiched!! Yeah! Thanks I really needed the push to get this done.

Blog Entries
    I have been working on a queen size double Irish Chain quilt. Today I am trying to complete the Seminole Border. It is a bit of challenge for me but this is a wedding gift and I want to get it to my LAQ this week. The wedding is Friday. LOL
    We recently moved--downsizing from a 4 bedroom colonial to a 2 BR ranch condo. My guest/sewing room is inching the bed out. My DH went on a mission trip 1 week after we moved. He comes home tonight so I have been sewing all week to try to get this Eleanor Burns "Quilt in a Day" done in a week...LOL I also got to visit my Mom every day this week. We have plenty of time to unpack....
    If you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love. :-)
    Donna

Quote Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
    Attachment 348973Well I was going through my fabric and came upon these..
    I forgot all about them. I bought them a year ago in Newbury Ma, by the ocean last vacation. I have a template that I can use to square them up. No idea how I should sew them...thinking maybe different fabric and make sashing on each one. then maybe white around each of the sashings to pull them together. hmmm...hints, ideas?? well off to go cut
    Beautiful! Are these authentic 1930's feedsack fabrics, or just lookalikes? The 30's are my favorite prints... I have a small collection of the real feedsacks, and also lots of reprints. I love them.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hope ya'll all accomplished your goals!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Love that quilt.................

Going for left knee surgery in 10 hrs but wanted to let you know --thanks for the push to get something done.
    Can not do pic now but I did finish the baby quilt with alphabet panel for baby shower that I can not attend at end
    of month. If I was well enough I was to go to Montreal for my daughters 50th birthday party. Same day was shower
    for hubby's niece 100 miles away. Knew I may not feel like sewing or be able to --so wanted to finish it.
    Try to do pics later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2