Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13

Blog Entries
    hey sweetie...me too....email me with the link please.

Vickey Stamps

I've printed out the cutting instructions and am looking through my stash trying to decide. I think I'm going to make two. Am wondering how difficult it will be to put an outer pocket on the front between the straps? I really like outer pockets on large totes like these.

I had to check again---yep! I had pm'd a message requesting the pdf , but I guess it might have ended up in cyberspace....orrrrrrrrrrr.......the group is full orrrrrrrrrrr.........????? where do I get all the particulars?? Thanks a bundle!

I would love to join in if possible

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch View Post
    I had to check again---yep! I had pm'd a message requesting the pdf , but I guess it might have ended up in cyberspace....orrrrrrrrrrr.......the group is full orrrrrrrrrrr.........????? where do I get all the particulars?? Thanks a bundle!
    Scroll back up to post #37. That is all the directions we have so far. Carolyn will post the complete instructions on Friday, so check back then.

Would love the pdf file

Blog Entries
    Has anyone who sent a pm to Carolyn for the pdf file received theirs yet? Just wondering if I missed it?

Carolyn, no pressure if you are reading this, I was just wondering... I am getting my fabric pieces ready today.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Hey guys....whew, busy busy week, work full time then had to bind 2 quilts, clean house since I was at the show all weekend......so....I am still writing the instructions. I promise I will post the link to the instructions by tomorrow night after my guild meeting....so around 9-10pm EST. The cutting instructions are on page 3 of this thread, so you can get started picking fabric. I used some from my stash

So no I have not emailed out any of the instructions yet......usually mail it out thursday night or friday morning of the retreat. This time I will not be emailing out instructions at all, I will post a link here on this thread in very big font and bright colors so it catches your attention it is much easier on me and you all to just post a link to my google drive so you can download it right from there. Especially this particular set, it will be very photo heavy, and that makes the final file very big. A lot of emails can not handle that big of size. It will also allow anyone who pops up a couple weeks or days later to download the instructions.

If there are ANY issues, please let me know. If you would prefer the file to be emailed rather than following the link and downloading, please PM me and I will do that.

To the person who asked about the outside pocket, yes, it is very easy to add one on......um, might be better to wait till you get ready to put the straps on before cutting the pocket. and basically I just hide the edges in the seams. I will see what I can do to write up an "option" for this, but will not hold up publishing the instructions for it. The most time consuming part of this tote is the grid quilting with decorative stitches, it will keep ya very busy the first day.
    Last edited by CarolynMT; 04-17-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    I am sure your post on Thursday will be just fine. I honestly admire you for holding a full time job, quilting and still finding time to post directions for this virtual project. Kudos for being a Super Board Member! Our hats off to you.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Blog Entries
    Ok here everyone goes....

.I did not get it finished, I have instructions up to the point of the lining. But it is 1am here and I have been up since 530am. I will finish it tomorrow morning and reload it. But in case anyone is up before me, you can download the start. It is enough to keep ya busy for a day or more

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WH1mcXSqwYN3VHZEpIU2xGcTA/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you so much Carolyn, I have my first set of instructions and am ready to start. 1am eh, that really is beyond the call of duty. Hope you are, by now, tucked up snugly in bed, its 4.00 pm here and I'll be more than happy to just make a start today and come back tomorrow. By then everyone in your time zone should be on board. With much appreciation, hugs
    Mary B

I got a "not supported" message and it wouldn't print.

Cutting out done except for muslin and batting, will start with that tomorrow. I found it really helpful to label the pieces as I went, will make it so much easier to pick up again tomorrow.
    Mary B

I'm usually a late starter with most things! Only learned today that this was happening thing. Unable to do anything about it this weekend - going to Sydney - and next week is looking a bit iffy. But would love to participate. Thanks for doing all this. Never done a virtual retreat - or any retreat - but this looks like a lot of fun. So - is it OK if I start late??? Like next week???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
    I got a "not supported" message and it wouldn't print.
    Ok, I will try emailing the file to you. Not sure why it isnt working for you. Hmmm screwy computer stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by ozichris View Post
    I'm usually a late starter with most things! Only learned today that this was happening thing. Unable to do anything about it this weekend - going to Sydney - and next week is looking a bit iffy. But would love to participate. Thanks for doing all this. Never done a virtual retreat - or any retreat - but this looks like a lot of fun. So - is it OK if I start late??? Like next week???
    You may start when ever you want. Feel free to join in where you can and dont forget to post pictures we all love looking at photos!

Carolyn, it's not loading as a .pdf file but as a web page. When you do the second part, you might want to check how you are saving it. We can work off it as a web page, but a .pdf would be so much nicer to save for future use. Thanks for all your hard work.

Blog Entries
    Wow Carolyn. Thank you for your hard work. It looks great.

Linda

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Name:  IMG_2135.JPG
Views: 117
Size:  680.3 KB
    Here are my fabrics. Bought this banana fabric about 9 months ago at JoAnn for a dollar a yard. Perfect for a market tote. The green will be the accent and the blue floral the lining. It's a sort of a coated poplin-type material so may resist water??? I don't have a zipper.
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    Carolyn, it's not loading as a .pdf file but as a web page. When you do the second part, you might want to check how you are saving it. We can work off it as a web page, but a .pdf would be so much nicer to save for future use. Thanks for all your hard work.
    There should be an option to download the pattern, it is a PDF file so it should be downloadable. Grrr. I am so sorry for the troubles here with this method of transfer. I am trying to make things easier for everyone involved. Please bear with me while I work on getting this sorted.

And no, I just woke up, am writing now as fast as I can get it written. I want to make sure it is thorough enough for everyone.

I think this is a good idea will try it.

Blog Entries
    Ok here is the full set of instructions.

.....so sorry for the delay. It took me way longer to write them than I anticipated. About 8hrs total!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WH...it?usp=sharing

On the page there should be an option to download. I cant tell from my end since I am logged into my account there and it is hard for me to tell what you are seeing. On my screen it is in the upper left of the screen. You have the option to print or save. I recommend saving and printing from the PDF file when you open it.

Please PM me if you have any issues at all. Tracy and I are working on another method that will be a bit easier for all involved. But somehow I messed it up and she is busy. I'll work on it. Again, sorry for the confusion and any issues.
    Last edited by CarolynMT; 04-19-2013 at 06:37 AM.

I need this retreat! And I am glad it's virtual. Here is what we got last night!
    Name:  DSCI3021.JPG
Views: 141
Size:  11.3 KB Name:  DSCI3022.JPG
Views: 137
Size:  25.9 KB
    My grass was starting to get green.

Carolyn: Please don't let this stress you. Its supposed to be fun for you too. I just wrote a very brief how-to description so I know how difficult it can be.

The print is the outside, the purple is the trim and the last is the lining.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dede: Only a died in the wool quilter would use a quilting ruler to measure snow fall. It kind of says it all. LOL

Don't really want to rub it in but our spring has been very very mild. Along about July and August when the on going battle over water happens we will wish more of that wet stuff had fallen. Where abouts are you?

Carolyn,

The link worked great, I was able to open it fine. I saved it to my computer for reference, and was also able to print the instructions. You are soooooo great! Thank you for hosting these. PS want snow?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast