Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! >

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Old 09-29-2013, 09:30 AM

Well, I have the Toy Story quilt top done. I'll post a picture later. I'm taking a baseball break for a few minutes then will head back up and start piecing the Irish Chain blocks. Sounds like a lot of work is getting done for everyone.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:39 AM

I finished tying a baby quilt yesterday for a local charity group. Today I will work on finishing a baby quilt done in the rail fence pattern. I can't decide if I want to tie it or stitch-in-the- ditch. I did a pillowcase turn on it so no binding for it.

Then I hope to get started on a tote bag for Sadie's Dream for a Cure. It will be my first one.

Connie
Old 09-29-2013, 09:44 AM

The plan for today was to get the fmq done on a lap sized memory quilt. But then reality set in and all I got was a handful of problems. First was tension issues....rip....changed the bobbin case...better. Next was skipping stitches....rip....changed the needle....better. Next was thread breaking....rip....slowed down....better. I decided that maybe I should take a break before starting on the next block....don't think starting again in the current frame of mind is a good idea.....LOLOL. I will get back to it today, I swear....have too many other projects that have to be finished.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:23 AM

My flying geese and I are having fun. I am actually making pillow shams for my Bali Wedding Star. Not nearly as exciting as completing a quilt but a UFO none the less. Since I have never made one, I thought I could just whip them out but I will get one done this weekend and another cut and ready to go. Problem is that I did not plan to do these so I had to spend a couple hours scavenging through scraps to find enough fabric. But that is over now. Enjoying the time to myself.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:41 AM

Finished one little table topper, have another small one to do and a bigger one. I really like how this came out.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:47 AM

So pretty!!!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM

Unfortunately, I've been sidetracked because I broke my sewing machine last night and hubby got called in to work early so couldn't even take a look. Guess I'll go clean up my sewing area and see what I can get done without my machine.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 AM

I love seeing what everyone is working on. Of course, your projects give me ideas for future projects!

Yesterday afternoon, I made some concord grape preserves. Does anyone remember when Welch's had grape preserves with the skins in it? I miss it, so made a few jars from grapes I bought

I have trimmed both quilts, made my binding and sewed it to the back of my sister-in-law's quilt. I will sew the binding down (I do this by machine--sorry, quilt police!) after I take a tea break. Probably won't get my brother-in-law's binding sewn on today but definitely before Thursday.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:49 AM

LOVE everyone's pictures. Beautiful work.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:05 AM

Default In Pinks

Everyone is being so productive and I love everything I have seen!! I have finished my top all my pinks are together and playing friendly :-) I am really enjoying this virtual quilt along fun to have peeps working with me but in comfy of my own chair.
Attached Thumbnails pink.jpg