Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moda Bake Shop Quilt Sampler has begun.

Blog Entries

Moda Bake Shop Quilt Sampler has begun.

At The Seashore from Moda Bake Shape has begun. It's a summer quilt sampler quilt along. The setting were released last and still online. The first block came out yesterday. I'm not doing this quilt right now because I'm in the middle of renovations, but just copying the fabric requirements and directions, this way I can play catch up as soon as my house gets done.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

I'm in too! Can't resist popsicles. Looking forward to working on this one, anyone else?

Blog Entries
    I may not be able to start this one real soon but definitely a summer project for rainy days when I am not at the beach. However I am printing out the directions so I will have everything at my finger tips when I do start it. I have loads of fun summer fabrics to use on this one!

Blog Entries
    I'm just copying brief descriptions and when I'm done renovating I can begin. I like the popsicle block.

I could not find any place to 'sign up' unless I just missed it. I love the beach but am so far from it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnclog View Post
    I could not find any place to 'sign up' unless I just missed it. I love the beach but am so far from it.
    You don't have to actually sign up. Just goggle Moda bake shop. Click on Moda bake shop and you will see At the Seashore. You will see the first block a popsicle. At the end of the popsicle little description it will say read more. Click read more and the directions will be there. The settings for the quilt are under the popsicle on the first page. Read more on which ever setting you choose, and you will see the directions for the setting. Hope this helps you. Sorry I don't know how to post the link.

I was thinking about participating in it, looks like a fun quilt!
    Maria
    Always be true to yourself!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace creates View Post
    You don't have to actually sign up. Just goggle Moda bake shop. Click on Moda bake shop and you will see At the Seashore. You will see the first block a popsicle. At the end of the popsicle little description it will say read more. Click read more and the directions will be there. The settings for the quilt are under the popsicle on the first page. Read more on which ever setting you choose, and you will see the directions for the setting. Hope this helps you. Sorry I don't know how to post the link.
    here's the link https://www.modabakeshop.com/tag/at-the-seashore
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Here are my first 2 blocks. Next one comes out on Monday.Name:  0D173DA8-E7CB-4280-80A8-A2BD224CBFF3.jpeg
Views: 457
Size:  857.6 KB

Thanks, Grace! I can't start another new thing right now, but noticed that near the bottom of each instruction page is a little link that says "printer friendly". Those are pdf's that I have saved in a desktop folder for someday.
    True self-care is not salt baths and chocolate cake, it is making the choice to build a life you don’t need to regularly escape from. ~Brianna Wiest

Blog Entries
    Casual Quilter your blocks are just gorgeous. The colors are beachy for sure, and reminds me of the color of the water in n.c.

Great beachy colors, CasualQuilts. I'm making them too but have had a hard time sticking to one idea. At first I made a light background, now I'm thinking of a darker background. Someone on the Facebook group had a great idea of printing the directions in black and white then using colored pencils to color in the colors of her block. Can't wait to see what's coming Monday.

Here’s block #3. I’m not sure I like it. I think I’ll switch the white and the lighter blue and maybe put this block in the back of the quilt or just save it for another project. I did use my accuquilt flying geese die to cut the half square triangles since they finished at 3.5”. Made it super fast to sew together. Name:  861C7D7C-1ABD-46FC-83E9-0CCED5EB24CE.jpeg
Views: 276
Size:  1.08 MB

I’d like to see your blocks, and anyone else’s. They have a Facebook group, but I don’t do Facebook or instagram/Pinterest, so I really would like to see blocks other than mine. I joined this board thinking more people would be doing this quilt along but it seems I’m the only one posting pics for it ☹️.

I'm doing it also but haven't photographed mine. I'm not certain I like my color combinations so I'm still in the experimenting stage. I think what's throwing off your block 3 is the top and bottom rows are upside down. I like your colors better than the one's I have chosen, I see a lighthouse so I'm trying to make one work. I look forward to seeing your blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    I'm doing it also but haven't photographed mine. I'm not certain I like my color combinations so I'm still in the experimenting stage. I think what's throwing off your block 3 is the top and bottom rows are upside down. I like your colors better than the one's I have chosen, I see a lighthouse so I'm trying to make one work. I look forward to seeing your blocks.
    Omg! I could’ve stared at the block all day and not noticed the top and bottom were turned around. I ripped it out and fixed. Thanks.

I knew because I did it too! I have ripped that block more times than I care to count. It's so easy to get turned around. I finally made a second set that I like better. I have yardage in the grey/blue fabric. Here's the ones that I like:Name:  IMG_1864.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  114.0 KB There is consistency. But I do hope not all will be red,white, blue. Here's the ones that I don't like:Name:  IMG_1865.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  110.6 KB I tried to make the third one a lighthouse. But then decided to call it a Signal Light and now I can live with it.

Pretty blocks already! Love seeing your progress Casual Quilts & Toverly! I wanted to join you in the fun just no time right now.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    I knew because I did it too! I have ripped that block more times than I care to count. It's so easy to get turned around. I finally made a second set that I like better. I have yardage in the grey/blue fabric. Here's the ones that I like:Name:  IMG_1864.JPG
Views: 237
Size:  114.0 KB There is consistency. But I do hope not all will be red,white, blue. Here's the ones that I don't like:Name:  IMG_1865.JPG
Views: 238
Size:  110.6 KB I tried to make the third one a lighthouse. But then decided to call it a Signal Light and now I can live with it.
    Your blocks are way better than mine. I love the second block from the second pic, which is odd because I don’t normally gravitate towards yellow/reds.

Here’s block #4. I hope this is the hardest block we’ll have to do, because I hate cutting small pieces. Not thrilled with how it turned out, but I won’t lose sleep over it. Name:  306F2DFE-151E-41BA-86D0-4C27CC8142F5.jpeg
Views: 178
Size:  1,019.6 KB

Wow, CasualQuilts, you are fast! I'm not doing the curves either. Though at Bee this morning a friend told me of using a template and aluminum foil to get a great crease. When I told her the curves are on 3 1/2 inch squares, she said, no way. I think this is where I'm going to try to get in more colors than blue,red and tan. Love your scrappy boats. I may give that a try.

Well I decided to try the wavy version after all and I like it much better. Name:  4110D67F-E400-4B75-8375-C0D04AE8618D.jpeg
Views: 147
Size:  1.05 MB

Looks great,I like the curves best too. Did you find any mistakes in the directions. It was mentioned on FB this morning but of course, they didn't say where. Someone made the block by using one sailboat and making the lower left side, sand and shore. I may give them both a try to see which one I like better.

Took all morning but, I finished. Thanks to someone on FB, I added shoreline. My favorite so far.Name:  IMG_1866-1.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  121.9 KB

Blog Entries
    I saw it in FB... I like the improved look
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast