Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Moda Bake Shop  Quilt Sampler has begun. >
  • Moda Bake Shop Quilt Sampler has begun.

• Moda Bake Shop Quilt Sampler has begun.

Old 06-21-2019, 04:40 PM

Casual Quilter your blocks are just gorgeous. The colors are beachy for sure, and reminds me of the color of the water in n.c.
    Old 06-22-2019, 10:58 AM

Great beachy colors, CasualQuilts. I'm making them too but have had a hard time sticking to one idea. At first I made a light background, now I'm thinking of a darker background. Someone on the Facebook group had a great idea of printing the directions in black and white then using colored pencils to color in the colors of her block. Can't wait to see what's coming Monday.
    Old 06-24-2019, 10:43 AM

Here’s block #3. I’m not sure I like it. I think I’ll switch the white and the lighter blue and maybe put this block in the back of the quilt or just save it for another project. I did use my accuquilt flying geese die to cut the half square triangles since they finished at 3.5”. Made it super fast to sew together. [ATTACH=CONFIG]614188[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 861c7d7c-1abd-46fc-83e9-0cced5eb24ce.jpeg  
    Old 06-24-2019, 10:56 AM

I’d like to see your blocks, and anyone else’s. They have a Facebook group, but I don’t do Facebook or instagram/Pinterest, so I really would like to see blocks other than mine. I joined this board thinking more people would be doing this quilt along but it seems I’m the only one posting pics for it ☹️.
    Old 06-24-2019, 05:21 PM

I'm doing it also but haven't photographed mine. I'm not certain I like my color combinations so I'm still in the experimenting stage. I think what's throwing off your block 3 is the top and bottom rows are upside down. I like your colors better than the one's I have chosen, I see a lighthouse so I'm trying to make one work. I look forward to seeing your blocks.
    Old 06-25-2019, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by toverly
    I'm doing it also but haven't photographed mine. I'm not certain I like my color combinations so I'm still in the experimenting stage. I think what's throwing off your block 3 is the top and bottom rows are upside down. I like your colors better than the one's I have chosen, I see a lighthouse so I'm trying to make one work. I look forward to seeing your blocks.
    Omg! I could’ve stared at the block all day and not noticed the top and bottom were turned around. I ripped it out and fixed. Thanks.
    Old 06-25-2019, 10:20 AM

I knew because I did it too! I have ripped that block more times than I care to count. It's so easy to get turned around. I finally made a second set that I like better. I have yardage in the grey/blue fabric. Here's the ones that I like:[ATTACH=CONFIG]614219[/ATTACH] There is consistency. But I do hope not all will be red,white, blue. Here's the ones that I don't like:[ATTACH=CONFIG]614220[/ATTACH] I tried to make the third one a lighthouse. But then decided to call it a Signal Light and now I can live with it.
    Attached Thumbnails img_1864.jpg   img_1865.jpg  
    Old 06-25-2019, 04:22 PM

Pretty blocks already! Love seeing your progress Casual Quilts & Toverly! I wanted to join you in the fun just no time right now.
    Old 06-27-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by toverly
    I knew because I did it too! I have ripped that block more times than I care to count. It's so easy to get turned around. I finally made a second set that I like better. I have yardage in the grey/blue fabric. Here's the ones that I like:[ATTACH=CONFIG]614219[/ATTACH] There is consistency. But I do hope not all will be red,white, blue. Here's the ones that I don't like:[ATTACH=CONFIG]614220[/ATTACH] I tried to make the third one a lighthouse. But then decided to call it a Signal Light and now I can live with it.
    Your blocks are way better than mine. I love the second block from the second pic, which is odd because I don’t normally gravitate towards yellow/reds.
    Old 06-27-2019, 11:16 AM

Here’s block #4. I hope this is the hardest block we’ll have to do, because I hate cutting small pieces. Not thrilled with how it turned out, but I won’t lose sleep over it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]614289[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 306f2dfe-151e-41ba-86d0-4c27cc8142f5.jpeg