Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun! >

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Virtual Quilt Weekend has begun!

Old 09-27-2013, 02:01 AM

I have a baby quilt in pinks that I need to get started on--would like to finish the top this weekend. I have all the fabrics pulled just need to iron them and start cutting. :-)
Old 09-27-2013, 05:44 AM

I'd love to join in. I am going to finish up the borders on my latest scrappy, hopefully get it on the frame and ready to quilt. Then I am going to put together more of the blocks on my paper piecing stained glass scrappy. I have a couple of wallhanging that need the quilting finished. Also trying to decide on next project. So many things to do. Will break tonight to go to DGS's football game then back at it in the morning.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:53 AM

I'm in! I'm going to be quilting one of my UFOs (of course!) which is a Jacob's Ladder made of Thimbleberries charms from one of Pat Speth's Nickel Quilt books.
Attached Thumbnails p1040243.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM

I have two projects I will work on this weekend, starting today - Friday. I am sewing on the binding for a Christmas in July One Block Wonder quilt that I can't wait to finish and wash. I will post it here on Sunday. I also have completed the blocks for a quilt for my husband that he fell in love with a similar one at a quilt show in Cameron Park. I will put the blocks together, but then I need to decide on a border fabric. It is all Stonehenge fabric. will post the top without the border as well. Look forward to seeing everyone's progress. It is a gorgeous day, I love the fall. Will have the doors, windows all open. Have a great weekend.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM

I'm back had one of thos days at class. Cut a 13/4 inch strip mine was 3/4 inch. The whole day was like that. Spent most of the day between my sewing helping a newbie who does it her way. I am determined to finish these blocks before I sleep tonight.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
I'm in! I'm going to be quilting one of my UFOs (of course!) which is a Jacob's Ladder made of Thimbleberries charms from one of Pat Speth's Nickel Quilt books.
Yummmmm, loooooooove those fabrics!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:49 AM

I am going to be working on a Christmas Bargello Quilt-As-You-Go table runner (Dec La Table is the pattern). I just finished sewing the 2 1/2" strips together and will start cutting them now. I am using Batik fabric reds, greens, and black.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:49 AM

I haven't had the opportunity to work on anything since3 DCF dropped 6 of the grandbabies off a month ago! I have demanded some ME time from the rest of the family here..With COPD, chasing these kids is exhausting. There are 2 days that I can let someone else chase them this weekend- so I am IN. I want to start cutting repro civil war fabrics for a ;one star quilt for my DD in Texas. A simplelife- I love your quilt!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:58 AM

I will be participating. I just got a new Pfaff last weekend, but I have been sewing on her all week already. Before work and after work. Working on a curved pieced quilt. Just finished the last 40 squares this morning. 292 total. Going to put up a design wall tomorrow to look at all these squares and get it all sewn together.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 AM

My sewing room is mostly reassembled after being a guest room for two weeks. If I can find the additional fabric today I will be working on a lap quilt that is a bunch of orphan blocks. I ran out of a really dark black and can't remember which store I purchased it from. If I can't find it I will be quilting a table topper and sashing some blocks for a second lap quilt.