Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Retreat quilt along

Just saw this thread elsewhere, hope you don't mind if I pop the link in here too, it's a great bathrug too! http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...r-t214881.html

Thimblebug: Thanks for linking, might have missed it otherwise.

Got started on mine and decided to just do it scrappy, a different fabric for each square, only the fabric C staying the same. Have three done so far. I'm loving it! Thinking about going on and making it throw size.

Blog Entries
    These are all lovely. Such a good idea 'virtual quilting retreat'

Jmillie

I'm a little behind, life keeps getting in the way of sewing. But I finished the Mat!!!

This is my first time doing FMQ on my machine. I kind of did a stitch in the ditch following just some of the lines, and forgetting about others. Since this is for Mojo to lay on I did put the binding on with my machine. A quick wash to get all the threads off it and then in the mail.

Thank you Carolyn for a fun retreat, for helping me learn and getting rid of extra fabric.

Name:  DSCI2928email.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  36.8 KB

Here is the back,

Name:  DSCI2929email.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  20.1 KB

More scraps gone and a towel!

Blog Entries
    I am so happy everyone enjoyed the retreat. I Love piecing and making beautiful bed quilts, but I have to say sometimes the near instant gratification (comparatively) of starting and finishing a project in a weekend or so really is a nice change.

I love what everyone has done, it is so very cool to see different takes on the same design.

I urge everyone to branch out and just give things a shot, NEVER EVER let instructions get in the way of creativity!

I am going to be putting a strip of the left over fabrics (I bought extra when designing) on the bottom of a bath towel set (body, hand, face) and giving a set to each niece and nephew this year for christmas. Fast, easy and fun project, not to mention personable for each child. Of course there is the added benefit of doing some totally obnoxious mixes like the one in the tutorial to really bug my sister yes, after 30+ yrs of being grown up, it is still fun to irritate each other in a good way

Since everyone had fun and look forward to another, I will be searching out some new weekend retreat projects and have another virtual retreat, so be on the look out! It was a pleasure leading you ladies and helping

Great job to all! *ps pls dont stop posting pictures of finished projects, I still wanna see

I'm still doing the quilting on mine, but am "goofing off" today!

Blog Entries
    I still only have the 2 blocks done, I am a serious slacker, will work on it in the morning tomorrow though

Carolyn, Thanks so much for doing this. I had a change of plans with my mat. My machine would not cooperate trying to quilt through a towel. I gave up fighting with it. Decided to turn mine into a future baby quilt. Will either add another block to each of the three rows or perhaps add multiple boarders. It won't go to waste and I do like the way it turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
    I still only have the 2 blocks done, I am a serious slacker, will work on it in the morning tomorrow though
    Carolyn you have an excuse, isn't this is your second? Thank you for the fun retreat. Sent a picture to my daughter and she can't wait to have it for the puppy.

Blog Entries
    Yeah it is my second, but I put it aside cause I wanted to get a throw pieced so I really was slacking.

I have a ton of ideas for more rugs, and one day may actually get a few done up. You can use any block you want to make a rug, any size you want. The options are nearly as endless as quilt tops!

For the "March" virtual quilt retreat, am thinking of doing a fabric bowl, it is not quilted but uses material, need to do up a sample. One of our board members did some last weekend, using up a bunch of her 2in scrap strips. This might be a good project. And just in time for easter I am just a little nervous about trying but gonna just let go and try it. So definitely keep tuned.

Also, if anyone comes across a quick and easy project that they think would make a great retreat project, please feel free to send me a picture or link, I am always happy to give something a try

Carolyn: Just had an idea. What about quilt room assessories? For instance, pin cushions both regular and wrist, notion holders etc. I know, I am dangerous when I have a thought. Don't worry, won't happen again for another couple of months.

Blog Entries
    To be honest emma, I have been batting around an idea for a pin cushion (no pun intended there) I need something to hold my safety pins OPEN, and was thinking of a "couch" like shape where the "seat" is where you put the pins in. Havent drawn anything up for that yet, but it would be a nice accessory rather than opening/closing pins all the time while quilting.

Blog Entries
    Ok finally finished only a week late

Name:  IMG_02981_zps21452e03.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  171.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Beautiful!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Love it! I can just see it at the beach, I think it would make a great sand rug also.

Blog Entries
    I am actually sending it, the towels and the quilted throw I was working on last weekend to a friend I play video games with online. She lives in the netherlands and suffers from fibromalysia (sp) , apparently it isnt as accepted as a serious issue over there like it has been recently over here. She always struggles to keep happy and not get too depressed. I thought she could use a good hug all the time and the rug/towels are an extra present, she doesnt know she is getting them.

Yours turned out very pretty! I have just finished the binding on mine tonight.... remember I turned mine into a picnic table rug complete with hole in the middle for the umbrella. Here's the front & back pictures. Name:  Picnic Rug Finished001_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 292
Size:  80.0 KBName:  Picnic Rug Finished004_edited (Small).JPG
Views: 291
Size:  76.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Absolutely stunning! Love the rounded corners too!

Thimblebug: Truly a great finish! Love the fact it is totally reversable for a change of mood.

Thimblebug, That is so awesome! Now I am inspired to try one for our table. Much easier to use the topper than to try and place square mats on a round table. Thanks for the inspiration.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    I broke it. Okay, the colors looked good in the store!!! This has to be the world's ugliest mat. Thought I would make one for my kitchen.

Front... shield your eyes
    Name:  IMG_2078.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  340.4 KB
    Detail
    Name:  IMG_2079.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  232.7 KB
    Back
    Name:  IMG_2080.JPG
Views: 338
Size:  280.5 KB
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Tracy, Did you see my plaid mess? Yours isn't bad, I love the border treatment you did. If you don't want it in the kitchen, ever thought about the laundry room? How do the dots grip on the back? I did not put them on.

Tracy: Sorry I don't think its ugly at all. Specially like what you did with the binding, really carries the theme of the chile peppers.

Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
    Tracy, Did you see my plaid mess? Yours isn't bad, I love the border treatment you did. If you don't want it in the kitchen, ever thought about the laundry room? How do the dots grip on the back? I did not put them on.
    I liked it Dedemac! I did use the puff paint...pretty useless .
    From the artist formerly known as Missus Fear...Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a hobbyaholic.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/m...ear-79671.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast