Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023 >

Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023

Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023

Old 11-22-2023, 03:30 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend—November 23-26, 2023

Welcome to a special edition of VQW 😁. If you have some time this weekend, please join me and do some quilting. I’m not sure exactly what I want to work on yet. It will be tomorrow afternoon before I can do much. Thanksgiving is my husband’s favorite holiday so I have a big meal to make for the two of us. First project will probably be to finish the pre work for a By Annie bag class I’m taking Tuesday. Most of it is done, just need to gather everything and pack it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I’ll check back in tomorrow afternoon.
Old 11-22-2023, 03:48 PM

Will enjoy popping in and seeing everyone’s projects, as our Thanksgiving has already come and gone. Did manage to finish the binding on this ongoing project , Quadrille, frommycarolinahome blog mystery awhile back.
Attached Thumbnails img_2102.jpeg  
Old 11-23-2023, 02:57 AM

Thank you Heather for hosting this special VQW, I was unable to participate in the previous VQW this month, so was excited when I read the post of a special one. I have been planning on stencilling pillows today and tomorrow, I will post pictures of my progress later. Saturday I am in a craft show. And Sunday I am planning to either stencil more pillows or sew pillow fronts/backs. I look forward to seeing what everyone else gets accomplished this weekend.
Old 11-23-2023, 03:28 AM

I'll be stitching on my Temperature Quilt. I found a line of fabrics at https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/ from Michael Miller--Fairy Frost-for the colors. Love this line. Placed another order for next pixel quilt! And, when I saw Glow in the Dark, I ordered 1/2 yd. It is cool, but not sure how I will use it.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:17 AM

Thanks for hosting. We are having a small T Day dinner with one son and hopefully the weather will allow a long walk in the woods after eating. I finished my 3D cube quilt and am in the process of making another from the leftover cuts from the first. The first was for me and the second will be a Comfort quilt and donated. With any luck, I should be able to complete it this weekend. I have so many things to be thankful for every day.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:25 AM

Not sure what I will be doing this VQW, not for lack of options, Tee-Hee-Hee, but more a lack of time. It is nearing the end of the semester for my college students and they have been working hard producing lots of papers for me to review and comment on. Oh, I just thought of some small wool work ornaments that I could work on when I take a break from the laptop. Ah, now that's the ticket!! Let's see what I can accomplish. At the least, I can lurk and cheer the rest of you folks on.
Old 11-23-2023, 04:57 AM

I will try to do some quilting this weekend, but will have to see how things go. Still trying to get the current project finished. Almost there (I only work on one project at a time). I have about 3/4 of the main quilt done, just need to finish that, SID the inner border and add some swirls to the border then bind.

Shari
Old 11-23-2023, 05:22 AM

I'm over half way done in piecing 90 strip blocks for a Pole Twist quilt. I think I'm going to do the scrappy border too. Funny, the strip bin doesn't seem to be getting any smaller.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2023, 05:45 AM

Thanks, Heather, as always for getting us together. My big holiday treat starts tomorrow with the first clue of the Bonnie Hunter mystery project -- there will be sewing involved!

For the hubby, today is about the Detroit Lions football game -- I will have plenty of time for quilting. When we were in Seattle with the time zones it was always a difficult timing, the family meal was midday and we would either have to miss the game, arrive late, or get up at the crack of dawn for the 90 minute or so drive to my mom's house to watch it there. Always a hassle and scheduling nightmare!

Today is just me and hubby at our new house. We hadn't planned on going to Michigan to visit with his family -- just as well because things are in a bit of a turmoil. This past Sunday night his mom fell, cracked/broke a couple of ribs, spent a couple days in the hospital and will now be in a recuperative care for 2 weeks! We've already bought, cooked and eaten two turkeys on sale this year (buy $25 worth of groceries and turkeys were $0.69/pound). Today for us will be pizza! Hubby is ketovore -- mostly meat eater. He has been wanting to try a keto pizza where the crust is a sheet of sausage (which he prebaked yesterday), a thin coating of pizza sauce, then additional toppings and cheese. I still eat carbs and picked up a pizza with a crust at Papa Murphy's yesterday and will cook it today.

For quilting, I will be working on my Christmas String Project. I have the "bed" put together and need to work on the borders. There is a 4" white on white (matches the inside of the 4-pointed stores) and then there will be a 6" string border. In cutting out pieces for the strings, I cut a bunch that were all about 1/2" too short to use in the spiderweb section. I decided to simply piece them into the otherwise 6" strings, so that is my first project for the day.

Attached Thumbnails 100_6441.jpg  
Old 11-23-2023, 07:24 AM

VQW sounds right up my alley. Daughter’s in California so Thanksgiving delayed to Sunday. I’ve had sore throat all week. Today I’m on the healing side, head draining, cough and sneeze. Not a good day to see people or celebrate. Sunday will be better.
Qulting will keep me sane.
Started experiment last night; fermented salsa. Starter is kraut. Mango, onion, coriander, cilantro, pablano chili, celery, orange juice. Any suggestions. Have no idea what I’m doing.
so this VQW will be finish a project on design wall to be ready for Bonnie Hunter. Mary Mayhem is always fun.