Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend—November 9-13, 2023 >

Virtual quilting weekend—November 9-13, 2023

Virtual quilting weekend—November 9-13, 2023

Old 11-09-2023, 04:51 PM

Default Virtual quilting weekend—November 9-13, 2023

Welcome back to VQW. I am on a quilt retreat this weekend and have an assortment of projects with me. I was off to a slow start this morning as I discovered my machine was without pedal and cord. It seems I left it at the quilt shop a couple weeks ago when I was there and I haven’t used this machine since. So off to the shop to retrieve it and back. That room about 75 minutes round trip plus shopping. I did finish a hand embroidered candle mat.

so what are you all working on this weekend?

next VQW is December 15-17.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:23 AM

Planning to make 6 Fall/Thanksgiving placemats for when we have company the 19th to the 22nd. I have 2 1/4 yards of pumpkin themed fabric arriving today. Plus, the mail lady brought some additional fabric this week so I can finish on a crazy quilt that is in the works. But I'm also cleaning out my stash and getting ready for a sale on Facebook, I may have too many irons in the fire as they say.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:29 AM

I'm working on a scrappy 3D cube quilt. The pieces are cut and on the design board. I've gotten 4 rows sewn together so far with many more rows to go. It didn't seem to make much of a dent in the 2 1/2" strip pile though:-) But it sure is a fun project.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:51 AM

Oh, my this came sneaking up on me unexpectedly... again. I am so ready!
1. binding on Pladish quilt
2. finish blocks blocks for block exchange
3. finalize layout for baby blanket - how many more do I need to make? Can I adjust the lay out and call it done?

As always it will be grand fun to see everyone's progress.
Old 11-10-2023, 05:00 AM

Is this your way of saying “get off your butt and sew”? I started some curtains for my bathroom and want to make new ones for the sewing room. Also have a Christmas quilt ready to sandwich. I have guild meeting tomorrow so that will eat up part of my weekend. I better get busy
Old 11-10-2023, 05:03 AM

I'm working on a Square Within a Square quilt. I've got the sandwich pin basted and it is ready for quilting. I will be using Mabel (my Singer 201-2) for the quilting. I hope to get a good amount quilted since the weather here in Upstate SC is not going best. Rainy and chilly so a good weekend to stay indoors.

Shari
Old 11-10-2023, 05:37 AM

I have 2 quilts that I am stitching down the binding, both UFO's. I also have a baby gift that needs to get finished, baby is due in 2-3 weeks. We do have a quick trip to WI tomorrow to drop off some things for the new cabin in progress, So will be doing hand work in the truck. (I will not drive it on the freeway or in the city. But over by the cabin I feel okay behind the wheel.) The truck is a F250 Supper Duty and I am 5ft 1-1/4 the hood is taller than me! Also the never ending cleaning of the sewing room to transform it back to a bedroom for Thanksgiving.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:06 AM

Good morning everyone. My goals this weekend, finish fall cleaning upstairs. Only have the kitchen area to complete. Then it’s fun time. Sewing wise I plan to quilt 3 tops for a friend. One each day. In between I plan to continue to organize my sewing/quilting room. Over 1/2 of my stuff is in big boxes needing to find its place. For those of you who don’t know, I have been moving furniture and room stuff around my house. The goal to make upstairs sewing room a guess/spare bedroom. Then the downstairs area becomes my large sewing area. The goal to have ready by end of month. I did leave room around my sewing/quilting machines to use during this process. Back to my fall cleaning. Happy sewing /quilting everyone.
Old 11-10-2023, 06:27 AM

Yesterday returned from quilt retreat. Unpacked, washing, resetting up room, sorting. Felt so good

”no plastic bags” from grocery is coming soon. Since California’s had the rule for 10+ years, no surprises. Have some canvas. So maybe that’s the next project.
Old 11-10-2023, 07:11 AM

Hello, all! I've been sewing some Color Wash blocks, which I seem to work on in quick bursts. I need to find more scraps. (I did not used to save them)
I'm full of new ideas from my guild meeting yesterday. One idea presented was a 2-hour hanging garment bag. I'm going to try upholstery fabric and flannel backed fabric because I was given rolls of them. Shower curtains were suggested also! But I don't have one, yet...