Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--10/10 to 10/13 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--10/10 to 10/13

Virtual Quilting Weekend--10/10 to 10/13

Old 10-11-2014, 12:22 AM

Mdegenhart, Your pineapple quilt is fantastic! So striking! The colours are just amazing!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:33 AM

I am going to join you all. Everyone sounds very busy.

I was a sewing class yesterday and cut out the fabrics for D4P. We are away for weekend at our caravan but I have a sewing machine so managed to make all the 4 patches and cut and resewed two of them. I have a friend joining us for the rest of weekend so no more sewing till tomorrow evening when I want to start quilting one of my two sandwiched quilts. Will have to take a break to watch Downton then maybe a bit more sewing. I am also taking part in the mystery train but will put off that clue till a bit later in the week.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 10-11-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:38 AM

Hi I am fairly technically challenged but I can manage to post pics from my iPad. After writing post I just click onto the little tree square and it says something like use existing to take photograph and that's what I do. Hope that helps

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
Can I chime in? I'm excited to sew this weekend because it will be the first dedicated time for quilting I've had since I got my new quilting table (Tailormade Quilter's Vision). I'm almost finished quilting my tumbler (not tumbling blocks) so I hope to get it ready to bind. I also need to finish quilting the border of my roses, roses, roses quilt that has been sitting around for almost a year. And if I can get the jelly roll race 2 quilt's backing ready (not purchased yet) I'll be all caught up with the quilts I'm doing that require machine work. Plus there's always those handwork projects that I keep plugging away at. I'm sure I'll be working on my son's quilt while I watch a race with DH. So many quilts, so little time right?

Sisty88: I just wanted to say WOW how fantastic your quilt is! I love everything about it! Just fabulous!!!
If anyone can tell me how to post from my IPad I'll post pics too but so far I've had no luck with that LoL.
Old 10-11-2014, 03:14 AM

We drove the nearly 600 miles from my father's house yesterday and today have to drive about 150 over to our daughter's. Maybe tomorrow afternoon in between laundry loads. I do have a quilt going.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:07 AM

Gee, I have been missing all the VQWs for several months now. I love all the beautiful work you ladies are doing. I am not doing anything ambitious.

I am making stuff to sell at a craft fair on Nov. 1st, so I really need to get busy. I have made 7 reusable grocery totes so far, and plan to make more, also going to make Christmas gift bags in various sizes. And while I am sewing on one machine and the serger, I have the embroidery machine going making free standing lace Christmas ornaments. It is a rainy weekend here in PA so a good time to sew. I'll throw some laundry in while sewing too.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:10 AM

Yesterday afternoon I was telling DH that I was participating in the VQW. He said "So you're using the cameras on your computers to see each other?" I told him no - so he just shook his head and walked away. He did not get the point of it!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter View Post
Hi I am fairly technically challenged but I can manage to post pics from my iPad. After writing post I just click onto the little tree square and it says something like use existing to take photograph and that's what I do. Hope that helps

This only works on iPads with a camera if you have the first generation and have to import pictures into your ipad like I do you just can't do it something to do with the way they are stored.

Also quilting buddy if you do have a newer generation try being on the the go advanced and click on the paper clip a new window will pop up follow directions and it should work if you can access it and it just won't attach it's probably to big of a file and need to be scaled down first.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:14 AM

Just finished breakfast. Up too late last night. I've decided to machine quilt the door hanging. Now I have to practice on some scraps and see how I do. It's been awhile and I've never done a lot. Wish me luck, ladies.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:13 AM

I finally finished the place mats for November -- i am doing "Place mat of the month" for my folks and Aunts -- started last month. Hope i'm not breaking a QB rule by posting in the Pictures and here also. Now off to JoAnn's to see if i can use my coupons on anything before they "expire"....then back to work on my sister's quilt.
LOVE the pics so far....Amazing colors !!
Attached Thumbnails november-place-mats.jpg  
Old 10-11-2014, 09:20 AM

DH, DD, and a couple friends came over on Thursday and put up my three new cabinets in my sewing room, so I will be spending the weekend organizing everything that never had a home. One cabinet is a 1970's era thread cabinet, with gold plastic front doors, which has pegs so far apart, that I can put spools between the pegs. Another is a three shelf sliding door cabinet for all those odd shaped things that need a home, and the last one is 4'x4' and divided into 5" cubbyholes (I think it was meant to hold CDs) that I am using to organize trims, doodads, and gewgaws. I might just be able to post pictures after I an done!