Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/16-2/19/18 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/16-2/19/18

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/16-2/19/18

Old 02-16-2018, 07:46 AM

Will definitely be checking in, hope to get a few more hand stitches into a baby quilt, and also do some more machine quilting (wrestling) on my peacock quilt. Absolutely love seeing everyone's projects in the making, thank you for sharing!
Old 02-16-2018, 08:12 AM

Great timing for a Virtual Quilting Weekend. This is a long weekend in Canada as it is Family Day on Monday!

I'm currently working on the quilting on this wallhanging. My first real foray into painting on fabric. It took a lot longer than I imagined it would to paint it, but the quilting is going better than I thought. Lots of work left and then the background to do.

I'll also be waiting for the next clue in the Mystery Train Ride.

Watson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589194[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails horse.jpg  
Old 02-16-2018, 08:29 AM

Need to find some sanity so will go to quilting rooms. Received my Spring Churn Dash blocks and I have them sashed, but am having trouble with the setting corner blocks. Must concentrate.

Watson....wow...you are a great artist.

Marcia
Old 02-16-2018, 08:39 AM

I'm in not sure how much sewing I'll get done cos I'm moving my sewing space from the smaller spare bedroom to the larger spare bedroom. Will show picture when it's done.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:42 AM

Battle Axe...that horse is from a colouring book. Can't take credit for it.

Watson
Old 02-16-2018, 09:40 AM

Watson, thats looking great!

Cannyquilter- can’t wait to see pics of your newer bigger room!

just got back from barn (farrier day), taking a quick break then off to meet with an artist that I’ve done some collaboration with, will see if he’s got anything new in the works for me to play with.... might gemt some more done on the bathrobe project this evening, depending on how inspired I’m feeling.

Rob
Old 02-16-2018, 10:39 AM

Just checking in, this morning I have been working on the last 2 PP blocks for the JB BOM from 2015. Have 3 sections left to piece, then fit the 8 sections into 2 blocks. Also worked on figuring yardage for a baby quilt that is a UFO (only 2 years). As well as 2 loads of laundry and dishes. Since I'm at a good pausing point and just finished lunch, I will get the grocery shopping done then back to the sewing room. So nice and sunny in here today. May be able to get pictures latter.

Watson, that looks great!

Cannyquilter, would love to have a second spare bedroom to move into! My sewing room is also my office area so it is a little tight. I use the dining room table for cutting and pressing, when I don't want the extra steps pressing in the laundry room.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:21 AM

I tried my best to get another quilt on the long arm. First I put the back on upside down. Then I stabbed my hand really good on a pin. So I finally got the bleeding stopped and took the back off and put in on again. Also upside down. Then stabbed the same hand with another pin.

I came in to the computer and ordered some red snappers so that I won't have to use pins. Nancy's Notions had them on special (only $l.00 off) but I ordered them anyway. I'll wait til they come.

Marcia
Old 02-16-2018, 11:22 AM

Heather, thanks for hosting another VQW. I'm in again I'll probably be doing a lot of slow stitching this weekend. Besides the Olympics on TV, there is NCAA basketball Sat. Villanova (my alma mater) vs Xavier, then on Sunday there is the Nascar Daytona race ............... lots of slow stitching time.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:53 PM

I'm in for this weekend. I had hoped to start today. I'm home from work because the tree trimmers came today. But the old dog had me up until 2 this morning, so I'm tired and didn't get much done.

I'm planning to finish up the pillow I'm making from Dogs in Sweaters (I wasn't sure I could work with the tiny pieces so decided to make one block and make it in to a pillow first). Then maybe I'll start an smart phone/tablet holder that I picked up a pattern for from Quilt Fest. I'd like to make a trip to the LQS to get some fabric to do my next quilt. I wanted to see how much I could use from my stash first. Unfortunately, I still need quite a bit so off to the LQS for me