Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/7/21 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/7/21

Virtual Quilting Weekend--2/7/21

Old 02-07-2021, 08:50 PM

I rearranged the panels and started auditioning. There's square in a square, tri-rex and strips of fabrics. The second is a close up. Somewhere I decided the squares I'm using mimic some of the objects in the panels: flower=square in a square; feather eyes=tri-rex. Now back to thinking and designing. bird-panel-lined-up-possibilities-resize-2mp.jpg bird-panel-close-up-resize-2mp.jpg More later, can be found in fabric moretorium. These panels have been in my stash for 5+ years. All fabric is from stash.

Last edited by petthefabric; 02-07-2021 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-08-2021, 04:19 AM

Watson, looks like a good tracking device for your UFOs.

Thimblebug, love your pumpkin patch BOM. Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy.

Anita, I admire how you have organized your projects and I hope you got a lot accomplished yesterday.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:38 AM

I was a failure! I got my first Covid shot on Saturday and I was really tired on Sunday. I slept most of the day and I never do that. I have to say I had no unpleasant side affects...just couldn't stay awake! Lol Still have to bind that quilt and will do it today since it is snowing still!
Old 02-08-2021, 06:45 AM

I will not say the week-end was a bust but I did not get my bin of scraps emptied. Cut an amazing number of bricks and 2.5's squares but the bin of scraps is still half full. Grrrrrr. So, I will continue through the week pressing on to the goal of an empty big 'old bin.
Old 02-08-2021, 07:57 AM

I did good.

[img]blob:https://www.quiltingboard.com/a01d60e7-8f38-47ee-8423-20a7afa7d493[/img]

Last edited by sewingitalltogether; 02-08-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2021, 08:09 AM

Well, I didn't quite achieve what I had hoped to achieve but I have a quilt coming together slowly and I will continue to work on it. I got 7 of the 10 blocks I had hoped to finish. The game didn't get in the way I just got tired and had to spend some time with DH. I finished one block this morning and getting ready to cut another. I always have ambitious goals with the VQW and only rarely achieve my goal. I just keep pluggin' along.
Old 02-08-2021, 12:32 PM

petthefabric- I like where you’re going with those panels. It’s fun seeing your design process.

I managed to finish cutting the 2.5” squares for the Feb quilt and got a few of the 16 patches stitched together yesterday. Will probably still be working on it during the regular VQW next week LOL!

I enjoyed seeing pics and reading about what everyone is working on this weekend. See y’all next weekend.

Thanks for hosting, Heather!

Rob