Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/27 - 5/30 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/27 - 5/30

Virtual Quilting Weekend--5/27 - 5/30

Old 05-27-2016, 04:41 PM

I sure hope I can join you this weekend. Time (and service people) will tell. We are hoping that the tree cutting guy will be able to come out tomorrow and take down a 35 ft. cedar with 6 trunks. We had a nasty ice storm in spring and one long branch is partially on our garage roof. Thank goodness there was no wind with the ice storm or it could all have come down on the garage or the house.

I am working on a 7 (or in my case an 8--'cause I am an over achiever) pocket bag for a friend. I learned to make it at a QBA and she admired it at the last guild meeting. I know she would never make one herself so....Not much left to do. One of those projects that the prep is 3 times as much as the actual putting together. Will try to post a photo of mine and hers.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:15 PM

I'm going to be quilting a couple of kids quilts and maybe if I have time making some elephant blocks for another project.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:20 PM

Sure hope I can join this time. Have had the crud for two weeks and would like to get back at the machine even if it is to just finish my spicy spiral table runner that I did not finish for Christmas. Thanks for starting this.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:42 PM

I just finished stitching down the binding on a quilt I started in 2008. Finally done! It's in the wash now, but I will post a picture later.

I'm also hoping to finish assembling the top of my Gravity quilt this weekend. Then I will vacuum (which counts as a quilting activity, because it's mostly lint).

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's projects.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Power Poster

Oh fun! Another VQW.... I have 5 days off in a row, too! Lots of sewing to be done.

I've been powering out on a stack of microwave bowl holders today. I sell them like hotcakes at craft shows so I try to prepare and make some whenever I can.

Also, finished a pair of socks I was knitting. Yay... new socks to wear.

Tomorrow I will finish the bowl holders I have left and then move on to finishing a charity kids' quilt from some cute scraps I was given.

I also want to get some embroidery patterns transferred onto fabric, for an embroidered quilt I will be making.

And I'm still working on the Farmer's Wife 1930's blocks. And my Allietare!

Pretty ambitious weekend!
Old 05-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Power Poster

ManiacQuilter2, your quilt is going to be gorgeous in those luscious batik colors!

Raggie, your star is just perfectly pieced. I love the ribbon border you are making. It's on my bucket list.

Krista, what a cool storage system for your panto patterns.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:56 PM

I'm in--delivered a quilt to client today and did the rest of my errands (almost) so want to finish the last 12 blocks of DD's Storm at Sea so she can lay it out this weekend if she visits, have a client wall quilt on the long arm that I'd like to get done, and getting another client (king size) to quilt --but want some time to work on more blocks of a couple of quilts I started at a retreat a month ago.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:44 PM

I hope to join you all for this VQW..... I need to finish hand sewing the binding down on 1 quilt for my neice for her HS graduation that needs to be mailed to here. The other quilt on the front burner after that is Tulip Fields by Bonnie Hunter. Have 4 rows completed on that one. Can't wait to see what we all accomplish on this VQW......
Old 05-27-2016, 10:46 PM

Hope to join you if other things don't get in the way. I have a bargello on the go, plus a table centre and a baby quilt.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:26 PM

Hopefully I'll get the binding on one of the two quilts that are on my list for a finish by the end of May. My cutting surface (a kitchen counter) has been out of commission while the kitchen is being redone. I'm loving the new kitchen but missing my cutting table.