Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20 >

Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20

Virtual quilting weekend 9/5-9/8/20

Old 09-05-2020, 03:26 AM

I could not find this thread yesterday, but I started any way. Here is my list for this week-end:

1. Finish the Chemo Pouches for my local hospital
2. Created the pieces for the Ups and Downs quilt
3. Finish the blocks and complete the top for the Ups and Downs quilt
4. Take down the summer decorations in my home and put up the fall decorations.

Items 1 & 2 are finished and today will be a non-sewing day. Sunday evening and Monday are dedicated to items 4 & 5.

Thanks for this thread. I so enjoy having a plan to accomplish tasks and the bonus is all of the finishes and photos. Looking forward to lots of photos.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:26 AM

Sounds like a lot of projects being worked on. I am slowly working on a cardinal wall hanging. Also make masks as grandkids will need more than 1 once school starts.
Old 09-05-2020, 04:47 AM

Sew in the morning, beach in the afternoon, usually. Because the holiday makes beach crowded, I'll have to switch and go in the morning. Surf's up. Then I'll be cutting the additional 96 pieces of blue jeans for finishing my first attempt at DP. Haven't been able to stack the fabric, so one at a time. Little bit tedious. Intermittently quilting "Beach is My Happy Place" quilt.
Attached Thumbnails jean-dp.jpg  
Old 09-05-2020, 04:53 AM

Some great projects underway - I'm particularly taken with the scrappy by TaughtByGrandma.

Happy Birthday Iceblossom, and good luck with the de-spider-ing Railroadersbrat (rather you than me!)

I'm working on my stars sampler UFO (started 2011, lol), which is still at 'piecing the blocks' stage, so a while to go. I've decided to make it lap quilt size, and am trying to balance my fabrics in the blocks (some blocks are 'bolder' than others, so trying to disperse those evenly to give a pleasing look without have to remake everything!!). Its not from a formal pattern, so I can play as I like.

I'd also like to get at least a start on the latest Penguins block from the Pumpkin Patch BOM.

Happy Sewing Everyone!
Old 09-05-2020, 06:22 AM

I did not get anything done yesterday. The skies were clear and the air was cool for the first time in weeks, so I went for a hike with the dogs and then came home and got sucked into a Netflix show, ("The Night Of." I love John Turturro.) It was a wonderful day, but not a productive one. Maybe I just needed that.

Today, I'm doing a quick town run and then plan to work on my, "Elf," pillow this afternoon. I'm taking a block from Elizabeth Hartman's, "Norm & Nanette," pattern and adding side panels to make a pillow top. I already made her Reindeer pillow top a couple of years ago, so this will be an addition to it for my holiday cabin decor.

I'm also learning to use EQ8 this morning. Yes! I bought it and I'm so excited! My first project is a Santa's Belt pillow pattern. I've seen various versions of this online and a couple of patterns, but it's a pretty simple design, so it will be my first project on EQ8. It will be my third pillow in my Christmas collection.

There's a few other projects that I may have time for. It's supposed to be 107 degrees today and tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll be able to stand being upstairs, in the loft, for too long. We'll see. I hope that this hot weather ends soon. I'm really looking forward to cooler temperatures and the lovely sound of rain on our metal roof.

Thanks for hosting this. Happy sewing everyone!

~ C
Old 09-05-2020, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Sew in the morning, beach in the afternoon, usually. Because the holiday makes beach crowded, I'll have to switch and go in the morning. Surf's up. Then I'll be cutting the additional 96 pieces of blue jeans for finishing my first attempt at DP. Haven't been able to stack the fabric, so one at a time. Little bit tedious. Intermittently quilting "Beach is My Happy Place" quilt.
Beautiful! I just love your background color.

~ C
Old 09-05-2020, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
Thanks for hosting, Heather. I did get started midday on my goal to complete the big blocks and string pieced border of Jamestown Landing by Bonnie Hunter. Attached is my progress today. I won't get much done tomorrow but Sunday and Monday are both days of stitch, trim and then web those blocks. My leader ender project are scrappy, brighter blocks made using Karen Montgomery's Crazier Eight from Creative Grids. A dear friend sent me the set along with a booklet and two patterns by Karen.
That Circle block is so simple, but so effective...love it!

~ C
Old 09-05-2020, 07:10 AM

aashley333: Pretty DP.

Happy 60th, Iceblossom!

I made progress yesterday on my Harmony quilt. I should finish the top this afternoon. I have a few non-sewing things to accomplish before I head to the sewing area.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 09-05-2020 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:26 AM

Panchita, I think TaughtByGrandma's scrappy is the same free pattern that I have made a few times. If you go to quilterscache.com and search for Sunny Lanes, have a look at the 2nd page with the full pattern.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:35 AM

Happy Birthday IceBlossom!

Love the scrappy TaughtBy Grandma!

Ashely- Neat DP using the blue jeans have fun at the beach.

This morning I've managed to get a little more done on the Big Butterfly. Just a little more thread painting in the background to tie it together, then I can quilt the borders-- really looking forward to being done with this one, it's not only a UFO, but I've been working on it steadily since this spring and I really want to do something else LOL!

Rob

Last edited by rryder; 09-05-2020 at 07:38 AM.