Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend April 14-16, 2023 >

Virtual quilting weekend April 14-16, 2023

Virtual quilting weekend April 14-16, 2023

Old 04-16-2023, 04:27 AM

I guess I'm straightening up my studio first today. I have a suitcase full of fabric choices for faces class to be organized and put back. Scraps and blocks everywhere! Then I can matchstick quilt the face project. After that, it will be the first project to be FMQed on my new Bernina Q16 longarm!! I've been practicing each morning since it was delivered at the first of the month!
Old 04-16-2023, 05:01 AM

I am not working on a quilting project but two of my college grandkids are home and have a couple of mending projects for me.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:06 AM

Good morning to all! Working on another month's installment of a Block of the Month quilt, I have two to do for each month as I could not make up my mind about the colorway choices given, so I decided to make two versions. Seemed like a great idea at the time. . .
Have a wonderful and productive day!
Old 04-16-2023, 10:21 AM

My day has taken a turn to the left and I get more time with grands but less time with my sewing machine. I finished three Harrisonburg blocks and two are only missing the HSTs. I will finish them tomorrow. Fingers crossed that by our next VQW, I will be assembling the blocks and sashing......
Attached Thumbnails 2023-4-16-harrisonburg-blocks-2-.jpg  

Last edited by WMUTeach; 04-16-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 04-16-2023, 11:59 AM

I love what everyone has accomplished! Lots of progress and some pretty pictures and faces.

I have been lurking this VQW too many projects this weekend to sew. Basement bathroom has been striped of tile and re-leveled, I finished tiling on Thursday, Friday was house cleaning at my Moms. Yesterday we were suppose to have dinner with friends and that got changed as they were exposed to covid and didn't want to share just in case. So we spent the morning transferring (2) 3 gallon carboys of raspberry wine to fresh jugs. That takes about 3 hours, then more house cleaning and laundry. Today was church and then grouting the floor in the basement, with a quick run to Home Depot because I didn't have enough grout of the correct color to finish. Now I think it's time to sit back and let the muscles ease a bit then maybe finish cleaning up and if the grout is dry enough remove the film and polish it.

I think it looks good, hard to tell where the seam is from the new tile to the old stuff. It was a little stressful since I had to start at the back wall by the stack.

Thank you for hosting this weekend Heather I've enjoyed reading what everyone is working on.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0534c.jpg   dsci0533c.jpg  
Old 04-16-2023, 01:21 PM

Well, like I stated before, didn't think I was doing any quilt related projects as 2 grandkids came home for the weekend -- but they each brought a repair project for me to fix so I did get some sewing done. It's always good to see them and don't mind at all to fix something or other they bring home.
Old 04-16-2023, 03:35 PM

sewingitalltogether—did you replenish your stash?

WMUTeach—good progress report!

Karamarie—glad you got to spend time with your grandchildren

I finished a couple quilts today. It has been a very productive VQW for me this weekend. And now I’m motivated to finish the quilt pile by the end of the month.

see you all next month!