Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 16-12/26/23 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 16-12/26/23

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 16-12/26/23

Old 12-19-2023, 05:44 PM

Karamarie--glad you're able to join us this weekend! I worked in sewing room this afternoon. Assembled a baby quilt top, pieced together a backing for it and made the binding. And got one of five Christmas gifts done. I need at least a couple of them by Saturday. Should be able to get them done if I don't procrastinate any more.

See you all tomorrow!
Old 12-20-2023, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Lena, the serpentine stitch that I use is the darning stitch on my machine. I've created a quick guide sampler of different stitch lengths and widths. I do also use it for darning!!
I made several blocks for the seahorse tail. 8 block left! Then, I'll definitely need to square them. (I actually learned about squaring blocks from this forum. It never occurred to me to cut on a block to make it even!)
Thanks, I'll check that out on my machine. I can't wait to see your completed seahorse quilt. It looks stunning already!
Old 12-21-2023, 05:03 AM

I've just about finished with my grand-nephew's soccer quilt. I got it squared up, made the binding. got it started and I just need to join the ends and and sew it down. I need more practice at machine binding, but I'm so sick of this quilt, I'm going to do it anyway.

Does anyone else get "sick of a quilt" before it's finished?

bkay
Old 12-21-2023, 05:33 AM

My cousin stopped by yesterday afternoon just as I started working in sewing room. Oh, she needed alterations on a top and a jacket! Simple, but time-consuming. We did visit as I worked! She will look fabulous at the family Christmas Eve gathering. Still don't know what I am wearing!
Gotta share:
She wanted to shorten sleeve that was complicated at the end with layered ruffles. She started suggesting (after I said that I don't do alterations) that we rip the arm seam at the shoulder and re-insert the sleeve. Oh, heck no.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:29 AM

bkay--yes I've gotten tired of quilts many times when working on them. And it makes it difficult to continue working on them. Sometimes I force myself to finish, sometimes I walk away from it and work on something else for a bit before coming back to it. Good luck finishing it!

aashley333--re-inserting the sleeve sounds like so much fun

How many of you will be finishing presents this weekend? I have a small present I'm finishing today as I'm quilting with friends tomorrow and it's a gift for then Once that present is done I may step back and assess what projects are WIPs and set them out to finish. I do have some charity quilts kitted and ready to take to work on tomorrow.

Anyone shopping to replenish stash? Making a list of goals/projects to do for 2024? Organizing your sewing room? Relaxing after getting everything ready?
Old 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM

Finished the present for tomorrow and have my projects ready to quilt with friends tomorrow. Will check back in tomorrow when I return
Old 12-23-2023, 04:03 AM

I received my order from Batiks Plus More, and it was amazingly organized! My next pixel quilt is going to be all batiks. I purchase the actual DMC threads for the colors in the cross stitch project, then, try to match them to fabrics on a computer screen. When the order arrives, I must then match the fabrics that I ordered to the threads. The shop owner saved me lots of guessing by labeling each piece with name of fabric and yardage!
Aaaaand, I finished my seahorse blocks last night and will start squaring and assembling today!-I'm gonna need a border, so any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails batik-order1.jpg   batiks2.jpg  

Last edited by aashley333; 12-23-2023 at 04:08 AM.
Old 12-23-2023, 08:54 AM

Wow Aashley333 those fabrics look luscious!
I took some time to make a drawstring bag for GD for preschool, and a placemat for an elderly friend of my sister.
Attached Thumbnails img_2166.jpeg   img_2165.jpeg  
Old 12-23-2023, 04:02 PM

Thimblebug6000-that bag is adorable!

aaahley333– how sweet for them to organize your order for you 🙂

Had a wonderful time quilting with friends at the shop today. Got the blocks pieced for two quilts. So hopefully next week I’ll get those two quilt tops assembled. Tonight I’m winding floss onto bobbins—not my favorite task!

Old 12-25-2023, 10:20 AM

I finely see a light, most likely a Christmas tree, at the end of this beautiful holiday celebration tunnel. I have a very casual drop-in Christmas gathering later today and dinner out with my son and DIL on Wednesday. So tomorrow, I will cut binding and add it to a finished quilt. Must do, must do, must do. It is a gift for a friend that will be presented on New Year's Eve. Let's see what I can finish by the end of the day tomorrow, December 26.