Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022 >

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Virtual quilting weekend December 31-January 2, 2022

Old 12-31-2021, 03:28 PM
Power Poster

Heather, I did get the Christmas stuff done!! And I got my mystery clue partially done. Wow, that's so unlike me!! haha
Old 12-31-2021, 04:25 PM

Your Cats & Pumpkins runner sounds interesting!

Originally Posted by Panchita View Post
Thank you for hosting, and Happy New Year!

I hope to get some time to sew Saturday evening, and maybe some time on Sunday too... I'll probably be working on a mixture of handquilting my Cats & Pumpkins table runner, piecing a Sylvia's Bridal Sampler block (or two, if I get wild), and tidying up my sewing room (which is in desperate need).

Happy Quilting!
Old 12-31-2021, 04:30 PM
Gay

I will join in this VQW. I have my 'Rose & Violets Garden' quilt half quilted. It's looking very soft and girly, but did not like that I couldn't find my usual batting and had to do with poly. The more I use that the less I like it.
Also am putting the blocks together for Bonnies' On Ringo Lake, and it's taken me so long to make. This quilt was on display in our LQS in dusty pinks and browns and looked gorgeous. Happy new year to all, and hope it's better than the last one.
Old 12-31-2021, 05:17 PM

I've been working away at my Bonnie Hunter clue. It won't make any sense to the rest of you, but I've gotten my yellow/neutral/garnet combinations done and am going to start pinning them to the previous clue.

We have the Orange Bowl on -- go Michigan!
Old 12-31-2021, 06:22 PM

I am putting the. Binding in a shadow box quilt that started in March 2020 that has turned into a wedding quilt because she up and got married to her boyfriend of 19 years.

Yeah baby - finishing a ufo while watching 30 Rock and waiting for the ball to drop.
Old 12-31-2021, 08:29 PM

ufo-2-2mp.jpg
It's getting there. Right 2/3 together. Left 1/3 all pieces layed into place. Now to start sewing.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:24 PM

I'm in. Back from my trip, suitcases unpacked, animals all home so I can sew. I have a jelly roll quilt on the FMQ machine. The batting is very thick, so it's harder than usual to wrestle under the arm of the machine. I need a lot of breaks. A wedding quilt on the piecing machine. I think I will press the blocks and get them on the design wall so I can see where I'm at.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:33 PM

Happy New Year everyone.

I’m in today. I plan to work on my BHMQ-21 parts 2-4. And get all of the sub parts on BHMQ-20 sewn, so later in the week I can sew the top together. That should keep me busy. Of course this is if I do not loose my power. We are expecting freezing weather and 3-4” of snow tomorrow. I have a love & hate relationship with the weather this time of year. I like that I stay in and can sew, but hate the cold and terrible roads. Oh well in only 8-9 more weeks of this fun weather. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 01-01-2022, 03:30 AM

I did work on a silly little checker board quilt yesterday made of green 2.5 squares and white scraps. About 2/3 of the way to finished making 4 patches then strips. Not much quilting today, January 1, but tomorrow should get me back to making the final three or four rows. Then join the rows to create a top set for layering. Want to have the quilt finished by January 11. Doable! .
Old 01-01-2022, 04:14 AM

Great weekend for sewing…foggy and drizzly. Yes, thank you Heather.
Finished the last of my Quilting Life BOM and will work on sashing to complete the quilt. Also started my annual decluttering, organizing in my sewing studio yesterday. I have 64 HSTs ready for today’s Merry Mayhem mystery QAL
Happy New Year everyone!
Attached Thumbnails e79273ea-7813-4af6-8f24-a9c6118ffd37.jpeg