Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Old 02-15-2020, 03:03 PM

I am busy knitting a baby blanket for my grandson due in May. I also need to work on a donation quilt. The high school I costume for is doing Beauty and the Beast in March. I found a Beauty and the Beast fabric that looks liked stained glass. I am separating large squares with light and dark purple blocks. I have 2/3 of the pieced blocks done. I hope to get the top done by Tuesday afternoon since I have to teach two classes on Monday
Old 02-15-2020, 03:48 PM

It's been a crazy week and I forgot about VQW! I did spend a couple hours in my sewing room working on a jelly roll quilt and trying to get my FW working. I think I have a thread jam behind the bobbin case, but I can't get the bobbin case off the find out so I'm sewing on the Rocketeer. I'm going to need to make a trip to the OSMG anyway with my Bernina so the FW is going to do a ride along. Hopefully, I can work some more tomorrow and finish the strip sets.
Old 02-15-2020, 03:57 PM

I got my hunters star together with the first border. One more to go and it’s ready to sandwich
Old 02-15-2020, 04:19 PM

Fun to read how far everyone has progressed today, love the pictures!
I finally got as many pictures for my quilt journal done today that I could before I ran out of ink... no problem.... I got to head to the sewing room and have columns of two stitched together on my Stash Buster from bordercreekstation site
Attached Thumbnails feb-15-2020-all-blocks-sewn003_edited-small-.jpg  
Old 02-15-2020, 05:12 PM

Christine: Perfect for a teenage boy plus he will have something to claim as his. When I put my sewing machine in the rolling cart and, then in the trunk, I try to wedge the quilt that’s always in the trunk around it. I usually have a box or two in there also and just scoot them close.

thimblebug6000: Awesome!

Old 02-15-2020, 05:33 PM

I'm sorry the adoption has been delayed!

I finished the applique stitches and bound the three wall hangings. I have just a little hand work left on them (buttons and embroidery), then they'll be done! That's tomorrow afternoon after I get home from church. It's fun seeing and reading about all that you've been working on.
Old 02-15-2020, 05:42 PM

I went off task today. I did finish sandwiching the New Year’s Day Merry Mayhem quilt; but instead of quilting it, I jumped into the Border Creek Station Stash Buster. I’d been itching to start it. Here is block one ..... 51 blocks to go.

Edited to say: well actually...upload failure.....
Old 02-15-2020, 07:09 PM

So nice to see what everyone is working on. All the photos look wonderful.

I started a Hunter’s Star using the MSQC pattern last weekend. I got to continue working on it today. I finished sewing the four at a time HSTs squares together and I am about half done with the four patch blocks. Hopefully I’ll be able to cut and square the HSTs tomorrow and start sewing them.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Blueridgebeverly View Post
I went off task today. I did finish sandwiching the New Year’s Day Merry Mayhem quilt; but instead of quilting it, I jumped into the Border Creek Station Stash Buster. I’d been itching to start it. Here is block one ..... 51 blocks to go.

Edited to say: well actually...upload failure.....
I have not been able to update any photos since they changed the platform...I’m sure your block is wonderful!

I didn’t get to spend any time in my sewing room yesterday but I did go out to the stables in 18 degree weather to brush down and love on a couple of horses. I will finish hand sewing a binding on my Long Time Gone quilt today.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:27 AM

I've been mostly lurking here this weekend, in between the never-ending packing for my impending move. My sewing machines are still out, but most of my fabric is packed away. I've left some accessible though. Yesterday I did sew 2 patches on my motorcycle vest. My riding group has white leather vests instead of black. I had 1 patch for a local ride 2 years ago & another for a ride to the mountains of Arkansas last fall. But that's all the sewing I've done. Maybe I'll move things around today so I can get the binding on my red & pink quilt. Currently it's draped over my table pretending it's a tablecloth.