Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--February 14-17, 2020

Old 02-16-2020, 04:48 AM

Got my short term items done ( quilts bound) finished piecing 20 large scrap quarter square triangle blocks, will cut sashing and cornerstones for that today, granddaughter coming to play which slows things down a bit. Picked up sewing machine after minor repair yesterday so my back up machine can be put away for another year, I also cut batting for a 40 x 60" lap quilt.
I realized the other day that even my back up machines have back ups of some sort! I'm like a gentleman wearing both suspenders and a belt.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:06 AM

Good morning VQW'ers, I am off to church this morning but, I did get a couple seam on my purple and black top completed. I am piecing out the hunter stars one at a time. But, I did get a couple completed this morning. May not get much done this afternoon after church, thinking about picking up my adult grandson and having an outing with him. I will check back later this evening to see how much of the progress is made.

Happy VW sewing day everyone

cherryb
Old 02-16-2020, 07:34 AM

This morning, I'm cutting my civil war reproduction fat quarters down to 6 inch strips. They will then be cut into 1" and 1-1/2" strips for the Circa 1880 quilt blocks I'm making. I have 235 2-1/2" blocks made so far, but need over 700 to make a queen size quilt.

Attached Thumbnails img_0374.jpg  
Old 02-16-2020, 07:43 AM

No quilting to report, but rather that I am enjoying today and do not plan on doing any sewing! Sunday is my usual Bowling date day with the hubby and I'm rather enjoying my first cup of coffee of the day with no sewing plans.

We went to the XFL game yesterday, the weather wasn't as bad as I had feared -- some moisture but no actual rain during game time, and we had a great time. Dragons rawr! If we go again I'm going as a Granny Dragon, wearing my mermaid metallic leggings. In things I've stored is a box of good costuming stuff which includes a dragon head thing my son had. It's a soft rubber mask but I'll stitch it on top of my safety orange knit cap (Dragon colors are green and orange).
Old 02-16-2020, 08:09 AM

I love your quilt thimblebug! What a beautiful scrappy!
Old 02-16-2020, 10:41 AM

I'm making progress on my Circa 1880 Quilt. Finished all the blocks and got the setting squares sewn on... today is the day to sew the final rows. Saturday was the day to run errands, so today is all about quilting.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:24 AM
Power Poster

I finished sewing my top together this a.m. Company last night or it would be finished. My plans today are to put a border on it sandwich it and finish it by tomorrow. I need this challenge. more often. I hardly ever go in my sewing room at night but I should. I accomplished a lot before company came.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:02 PM

cool quilt Thimblebug!

My most recent finish is now blocked and ready to have the hanging sleeve and label stitched on. yay! I’ll work on that tomorrow.

I also got the batting pieced together and the backing ripped to size for a UFO that I want to get finished by the end of the month. Taking a break now, but I’ll get it sandwiched this evening and maybe even make a start on quilting it tomorrow.

love seeing and hearing about what everyone is doing.

Rob
Old 02-16-2020, 01:35 PM

Today, I finished the last 2 pillow cases. My next goal is to figure out how to post pics. I sure like seeing them.
Old 02-16-2020, 01:39 PM

I finished the quilting on the quilt for the women's shelter, putting binding on now. But my Sweet 16 is making noises and I think it needs a spa day at the dealer. I've had it for several years and this will be it's first maintenance visit - I use it lightly, but it is definitely due. I just dread the process of getting it out of the table, into the car and into the shop.