Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1 - July 4, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1 - July 4, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend--July 1 - July 4, 2016

Old 07-01-2016, 06:09 AM

Two days ago I was thinking about raspberry and teal. Today I'm exploring raspberry and fuchsia with pink prints, plus orange and some yellow. I'll do white and maybe partly black and white background on either. I don't know what quilt it will be, maybe something kaleidoscopey or dresdeny. I'm thinking maybe a dresden that goes from light to dark where the dark rotates a bit with each plate.

I just came off of an all-green study of sawtooth stars, where I learned a great deal. It doesn't work all that well to put a bunch of yellowish greens with a bunch of bluish greens if you're doing stars with tanish backgrounds. It gets too busy. Thus, now I have 2 quilts. One is all mossy, chartreuse to dark olive greens. I call that one spring greens. The other is the blue tinged greens, which is summer. Oh and to the blueish green one, I added a few fuchia, red, orange stars to add some sparkle. Those are the flowers. Both quilt's blocks are piled, awaiting future contemplation, LOL.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:32 AM

This weekend I will hopefully finish the body of the diamond logcabin pattern. Attaching the blocks together is all "Y" seams. I've learned not to be afraid of these type of seams since working on this pattern. Learned a lot from my mistakes too.

Have the bodies of 2 over sized baby quilts done so now working on the pieced borders for them. Also took out an UFO embroidery project, decided to make pillows for 3 of the cat designs that have been sitting in a pile for probably 15 years. Have to remake some others for a wallhanging due to the blue marking pencil I used won't come out now after all this time. And yes, I thru them into the washer with stray & wash and it only faded them so will make new ones. Also starting a "welcome" banner for the front porch, all blocks ready to go along with the embroideyr designs for them. Also need to embroider the center circle for the tablecloth for the deck table. Using leftover outdoor fabric and the 9 degree ruler. Thought I'd try it out since I had it. Guess that's enough to work on and keep me out of trouble.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:58 AM

I am taking a class with Bonnie Hunter today. Woo hoo! Then I have a lap quilt to bind before getting back to some UFO projects
Old 07-01-2016, 07:12 AM

I am hoping to finish my table runner/topper project that I am doing for a charity raffle. Then I was just asked by my great niece to make her a quilt... so I will be thinking and planning on that until I can decide what exactly I want to do
Old 07-01-2016, 07:45 AM

Yes I'm in! Next Tuesday is my "first Tuesday" quilt club. I need to do a demo on a block from the Quiltmakers 200 blocks book. I usually do one in the 12 inch size like the book, and also one 24 inches because I like big blocks. Then I have a Zen Chic kit I bought that I'd like to at least get the pieces cut out and start to put together.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:34 AM

I finished adding borders to this panel. Next week, I will drop the top off at a charity where volunteers will finish it.

Later, I will cut 5" squares and 2 1/2" strips of flannel for baby quilts and hopefully get some sewing done on current projects.

Connie

P.S. I'm not sure why it is sideways.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553195[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 07-01-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:51 AM

I'm tidying up my sewing room. Cut up some scrap bags for the charity quilting group and have already finished 2 pillowcases. I have pieces cut for several more pillowcases (I love those, so quick and easy) and then hope to get some quilts on the frame and quilted.
Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:37 AM

I am off to make 4 pillowcases. Two will go to my niece as part of her shower present. The other two to my husband and I. They are star wars fabric. I made some for my son's shower last month and my husband was upset that I hadn't made us any. Then back to quilting my carpenter stat and start working on a quilt for niece getting married in September.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:06 AM
Power Poster

I have three blocks to finish for a boomerang swap and then to mail all sets out. Not sure if there will be time for more sewing as we are also remodeling the upstairs. sigh
Old 07-01-2016, 10:39 AM

Three things on the agenda:

1. Finally making a design wall. So excited!
2. Working on a sampler baby quilt using pink, brown, and white.
3. Mailing birthday candies out to gals in a swap.