Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023 >

Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023

Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023

Old 06-16-2023, 05:11 AM

Default Virtual quilting weekend June 16-18, 2023

Welcome to a late start VQW! Mom had been here for two weeks and I forgot to start the thread. I actually did remember yesterday at lunch but figured that was too early to start it. 🙂. Im not sure how much quilting I will get done this weekend. I think it will more be picking up and putting away. We were on vacation in Tennessee and Virginia for ten days and visited a few shops. Now I have to put all of that stuff away!

so what is everyone else working on this weekend? Next VQW is July 14-16.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:31 AM

My every constant list................in no particular order of importance.
Finish blocks/top for isolette quilt #1
Prep Stash Buster Quilt and backing to send to the longarmer
Make additional progress on my version of the Harrisonburg quilt.
Create a list of backings that are needed to finish UFOs.
Old 06-16-2023, 05:36 AM

I am in! Sewing has been on the back burner for some time now with so much going on in other areas. I hope to make at least one block a day this weekend in between everything else. These are very fun to make and I pulled everything from my stash of solids. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

Thanks for hosting again Heather!
Attached Thumbnails img_1099.jpeg  
Old 06-16-2023, 05:54 AM

I am in like Flynn!!

So sorry I've been MIA lately, I have been busy with doctor's appointments, Social Security and my depression tanked me so deep in a hole, I finally had to go see my Nurse Practitioner to get on something. Luckily, she put me on Cymbalta and I feel fabulous now!

This weekend for me is going to be some general cleaning up of my sewing area and pulling out my SS2402. I had a gal that contacted me last week, she has the same machine and I've been helping her troubleshoot and getting her machine up and purring. I also gave her a scanned copy of the manual, it's been so fun watching her process and she's fixed the last and biggest issue she's been having, which has been tension (isn't it always about tension?). It's like Christmas in June for me, I really am thrilled she's got her machine going and was so happy I could help her!

I do plan on getting some more work done on my sister's quilt once I get the machine out, oiled and cleaned. Leave it to my other half to pile some of his things around my sewing area, so it's probably going to take me at least until noon to get through all of that today. Then it's put my Brother up, pull out the other machine and get to work. I'm hoping to start sewing by late this afternoon or this evening. Pics of what I have so far is forthcoming, I've got to pull the blocks out and lay them out on my bed so I can take them.

Monday, I have an appointment at 11am to get an MRI done, we're FINALLY going to start addressing my issue with migraines, so I'll be away from about 9am until around 1 or 2pm, but once I get home and rest up a bit, I'll be sewing again. In between what I'm doing this weekend, I'll be folding and putting clothes away, too.

tallchick - I love what you've got going. I'm not big on solid color quilts, but that's just fantastic!

Thanks for hosting again, Heather!
Old 06-16-2023, 06:00 AM

OK...here we go again. I will make progress on three bonnie mysteries that I have been working on! OK, here is where I am. One is quilted, waiting for binding, one is on the frame needing to be basted to backing so I can quilt it, the last is sitting on my cabinet with the batting and backing ready to go on the frame when #2 comes off. Binding is made for all three and waiting. Once the cabinet is cleared off, I am going to pull the Bernina 590 out of the cabinet and insert the Bernina 475. My plan is to use the 475 (5.5mm feed dogs) mainly for piecing and applying binding and hopefully for sit down free motion and ruler work on smaller quilted things. The 590 will be for embroidery and smaller projects that I don't need the cabinet for. I did the insert for the 475 with the cut out for the BSR so I can use stitch regulation when doing ruler work.
Old 06-16-2023, 06:20 AM

I hope to join in. I have been painting rooms and ceiling (what a pain with popcorn ceiling). One more to go but, that can wait. Did yard work yesterday. I REALLY need to clean house. Then I am ready to work on some basket blocks.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:12 AM

Working on my own version of Wild and Goosey (a Bonnie Hunter pattern). Trying to use up my scraps and crumbs...don't think this will ever happen.
Old 06-16-2023, 08:37 AM

Tomorrow my guild is doing a sewing/pizza day from 9am-8pm, not sure if I will last the whole time, but have a flannel rag quilt to finish making the square sandwiches, and then piece and clip. If I get tired of that I have a baggie of HSTs from yellow and white that are cutoffs from a previous quilt, so I may make a big block with them if time allows.
I did just get my mystery quilt frommycarolinahome blog ready for the July step
And I have cut 488 @ 2 1/2” scraps for the 2023 quiltober project from the Nine Patch group.
I made a top from Jordan Fabrics pattern awhile ago so started doing some SID on that one.
looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.
Attached Thumbnails img_1737.jpeg  

Last edited by thimblebug6000; 06-16-2023 at 08:40 AM.
Old 06-16-2023, 09:08 AM

I’m trying to sew four mug rugs with the silicone for hot drinks for the family birthday party this Sunday and make a potato bag hopefully!
Old 06-16-2023, 11:42 AM

2:30pm - taking a break to check-in.

Thimblebug - I am loving that quilt top! I have a soft spot for blue quilts, that's just stunning! Can't wait to see it finished!

As for me, I goofed and I'm doing things in the wrong order - LOL! I wanted to take the blocks in and lay them out on my bed for pictures first, but instead, I dove into the mountain of laundry that I needed to separate and fold. Right now, my bed is completely covered in clothes mountains that would rival the Egyptian Pyramids and poor Butters was accidentally buried under several sheet sets that I need to fold, too. Couldn't understand why things were moving, so I started pulling the sheet sets off and lo and behold - there's my dog! Good thing she has a sense of humor, all she did was sneeze and wag her tail at me like 'it's okay, mom! I'm here!'

So now I'm taking a break to match socks (why can't they match themselves?), then it'll be to fold and put away everything. Still on track to start sewing this evening, I found temporary homes for all of my other half's stuff on my sewing machine, now it's just to finish clearing it off and then I'll be sewing!