Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Old 06-26-2020, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nesie View Post
... I've also decided to start a sampler-I chose the Lori Holt Vintage Farm Girl and am mixing and matching from books 1& 2. I'm making the 6 in block size.
Nesie, I just bought the Farm Girl Vintage 2 book. Excited to do that, once I finish current projects.

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
You guys ever get lost on Pinterest?
Every time I go there! I hate all the ads they have now, tho.

Thanks Heather, for this VQW!

I have decided to pull out a UFO and get it done... It's the Pony Club quilt by Laurie Hird. I have a bunch of blocks already made and finally feel like doing the rest! Here is a picture of the blocks I have previously done:
Attached Thumbnails img_0385.jpg  
Old 06-26-2020, 05:44 PM

Thanks for hosting, Raggiemom! I'm in! Made 10 face masks out of patriotic fabrics today for our family's visit on the 4th--figure they will more likely wear a mask if they are patriotic and available--party favors!
Tomorrow I plan to work on a rainbow quilt (modern--lots of negative space) that is on the quilting frame. doing lots of ruler and FMQ on it and while I have some ideas on what it want it to be (named Prism) I'm basically just having some fun.

After the 4th I want to do some bias applique using some Celtic patterns I have for Christmas presents--so I'll also cut my bias this weekend.

And I also have a planned wall hanging I'm doing for an admired politician (oxymoron??) so need to do some computer work to prep for cutting on the Cameo Silhouette. Want to get everything ready so after company leaves on 4th I can get these projects done.
Old 06-26-2020, 08:10 PM

I'm in! I've been working on a monster kingsize quilt on my longarm. I finished it this afternoon and have trimmed it. It's the first picture. The second picture is the quilt I have on the frame in it's place.

Attached Thumbnails img_0579.jpg   img_0581.jpg  
Old 06-27-2020, 02:06 AM

I am working on a baby quilt for my first grandchild due in Sept.

My daughter picked out fabric at Hobby Lobby yesterday so I could make her a few masks. Yesterday at 5pm our governor put into effect, mandatory face masks again when out in public.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:33 AM

I have a coin quilt that just needs binding and a friend just welcomed a new grandbaby yesterday! I'm thinking about stash shopping for something quick.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:36 AM

How did I miss this posting yesterday? Well, I am In, again.
1. Finish quilting barn raising quilt. Period, done et finis. It's been hanging around too long while I made excuses.quilt.
2. Straighten up the sewing room after a week of intense sewing on mystery quilts.
3. Maybe, maybe do next step on Birthday Swap mystery quilt.
4.Cut binding for two quilts.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:37 AM

I will be working on quilting one and finishing sandwiching the other for my great great nieces that will be here in Oct
Old 06-27-2020, 03:21 AM

Smile

I always mean to join in the VQWs (I mainly lurk) but this time I'm actually going to post something!

I have limited time this weekend, but am working on hand quilting a Christmas tree skirt, and also putting together blocks to make up a quilt top out of some blocks that I started in 2011. Those are being handpieced by template - slow, but I'm enjoying it!

Old 06-27-2020, 04:05 AM

Through an estate, I just acquired an accuquilt go, and a Pfaff sewing/embroidery machine - so I will be learning and playing with my new toys.
Old 06-27-2020, 05:08 AM

Nice to hear of all the progress. I'm just about to finish the sub-units I'll be using for the round robin border. Still have a couple design choices to make and still haven't seen it laid out but so far -- so good!