• Main
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020 >
  • Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

• Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 26-28, 2020

Old 06-28-2020, 03:04 PM

Those are looking good, Sewbiz.

Rob
    Old 06-28-2020, 03:18 PM

Wow, you people sure have been busy. Watson, your top is just beautiful, I really like the pattern, and your color choices. Sewbizgirl, nice blocks.
    No time at the sewing machine this weekend.😔
    DH and I have been busy doing yard work, seeded and hayed three sections for new lawn, 10 bales of hay all spread. Next is to tear down my old garden shed a tree fell on this winter. It is all cleaned out finally. It's amazing how much we accumulate. Then we will build a fire pit in its place.
    Old 06-28-2020, 03:57 PM

You're all very welcome! I didn't get done what I was planning to this weekend but that's ok. The library sent the new The Hunger Games prequel to my kindle Friday morning. Once I started reading it, I had to keep going until I finished it! If you enjoyed The Hunger Games trilogy, be sure to read The Ballad of the Songbird and Snakes. It's as good as the original books. I did sort through some projects and realized I have lots to do here!

Rob, thanks for the information on downloading the Craftsy classes. I need to do something about mine.

quiltingshortimer, the Celtic patterns you're working on sound interesting.

WMUTeach, hope the conversation with your machine helped. Sadly mine doesn't listen to me!

See you all next month!
    Old 06-28-2020, 04:12 PM

Thanks for all the updates!
    Old 06-28-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Here are some additional blocks I made for the Farmer's Wife Pony Club quilt this weekend.

wow you fabric choices are outstanding and the piecing.... can not even see the seams in the first one with the horseshoes on the red

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-29-2020 at 03:29 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 06-28-2020, 06:04 PM

It’s been fun following along. See you in a month.

Iceblossom: Please keep posting. Your thought process and creative energy is awesome. I totally understand about not wanting to post at times because many of my quilt tops are very basic but I tell myself that someone will love it because it will keep them cozy. So I post. 👍
    Old 06-28-2020, 06:37 PM

didn't get nearly as much done as I expected! (typical for me actually). The modern quilt on the frame is taking longer than expected--but when it gets done I'll post a picture. I didn't get the bias strips done for the Celtic applique but since I'll use my Accuquilt that won't take long at all. Trying not to mess up the sewing room too much right now--son's family coming in on Friday and the oldest grandson sleeps in there--fairly clean right now! have a long list of things to get done this week--repair tractor mower, mow pasture, grocery, cleaning and wrap my kids birthday presents! Plus horse shoer here first thing Wed. morning.
    Old 06-28-2020, 07:39 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by judy363905
    wow you fabric choices are outstanding and the piecing.... can not even see the seams in the first one with the horseshoes on the red WOW
    Thank you... it's paper piecing, which I really dislike. I have collected a big assortment of fabrics that match my "Family Farm Ponies" theme. It's a pony quilt, but not Western.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 06-28-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    Old 06-28-2020, 11:52 PM

Oh darn it, I missed it!

Kind of stopped quilting for a while but picked it back up just this past week. Still working on my hexagon quilt and I just had to DW-40 my knee press because it started doing that nails on chalkboard squeaking and it would catch on the occasion.

I'll be here for the next one, though!
    Old 06-29-2020, 02:55 AM

Had a rather nonproductive day that turned into a productive evening. Busy working on #3 baby quilt using hand print fabric. Really cute. Made lots of pinwheel blocks using coordinating fabric but didn't look right. So used my redesign tool that some call a seam ripper, and flipped them around. Ahhhh, much better. Now spending early AM hours to press them yet again. Getting rather tired of these fabrics...lol