Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021

Old 03-15-2021, 03:07 AM

The week-end is over and I did not get into my sewing room for cleaning but I sure had fun planning some record keeping for my Harriet's Journey quilt. Made charts to track my progress on the computer and started the page in my little quilt record book to with fabric samples and the yardage I purchased. No sewing. Will have to do the room dust/vacuum/ clean up this week. Looking forward to our next week-end together, quilty friends. So many of you made marvelous progress on your goals. Houses, new long arm, donation quilts, serious clean up and on and on and on. Three cheers for you! Ta-Ta for now!
Old 03-15-2021, 03:31 AM

I can finally report success this VQW. Finished Easter bunting for grands and quilted my Color Block quilt.

Rob, great job on your Monkey Wrench color block for March.
Elizabeth, thank you for the vertigo video link. I’m glad you have had success with it, it’s worth a try.
QuiltMama, lurking is allowed otherwise I’d have been booted a long time ago.
Attached Thumbnails c9787394-3cce-46c0-a546-c142e783c01f.jpeg   7e1cdc5d-b32e-445d-9a9a-a627df5fad91.jpeg  

Last edited by jmoore; 03-15-2021 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:45 AM

DEDEMAC -Quite a transformation in your sewing room.

Last edited by Karamarie; 03-15-2021 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:03 AM

I made some progress this weekend.

For quilt #1, I now have the binding machine sewn one side and half-way hand stitched on the other side. Just a couple more Netflix movies with my needle and thread in hand and I should be done with that quilt.

For quilt #2, I have the binding picked out, cut and pressed. It's ready to be machine stitched on to the front side. I'll hand stitch the other side as soon as I'm done with quilt #1.

Thanks everyone. I'll see you next month.
Old 03-15-2021, 04:43 PM

Dedemac, that looks so nice and orderly - you accomplished a TON! I'm going to follow your example, tomorrow.

Panchita, those puffin blocks are darling - what a cute quilt!

Petthefabric, how lucky that you found that pin before you gave it away. Sorry about your hands - getting some of that, myself and machine binding is a hand-saver. I can do needleturn for a few hours at a time, but that's about it. We've got to be a little more careful, now - ration out our "good hand days" for the stuff that matters more to us.

Railroadersbrat, what a pretty sewing accessory!

jmoore, I like swirls and tendrils quilting and the Easter bunting is very sweet - the kids will love it.

tropit, good progress - binding done is always a celebration around here.

I finished "Cherry Cordials" - my son-in-law was looking at it hanging over the balcony and he said, "You know what that reminds me of? Those chocolates that have strawberries or something in them." So that was a "win," in my book. When I told him it was named "Cherry Cordials," he told me, "Well, now I want some of those."

I'll try to put up pictures, tomorrow.

And I'm almost done sewing the Spinning Wheels Log Cabin top together and then it can go off for longarming.

Now, I'm going to go back to my first post and see what I didn't get done and start getting them set up to do after my studio is clean and orderly, again.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:47 PM

such great, and diverse, projects! I'm feeling like a bit of a slacker this weekend. But today I worked on the oldest g-boy's quilt on the long arm. Using high loft poly bat--never my favorite, with a minky back. I love minky, but with the slick poly "wrong" side of the minky and the poly bat, I'm being very aware of tucks and puckers. Since I'm matching thread color to the fabric, I've had to dip into my all-cotton threads and I've learned the hard way that the cotton will pull through the minky--so will be taking that color thread.
Old 03-15-2021, 06:04 PM

Thank you for the compliment, I still have one pile of non quilt fabric to go through and decide what to do with it. But the room does feel so much lighter and welcoming. There are 3 bins in one of the stacks that have to be sorted also. Next step is to take each color and ruler fold the large pieces and cut the smaller ones into pre cut sizes. I think I have 4 colors about 90% done.
I see a few scrappy quilts in my future.
Heather thank you for hosting.