Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021

Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 12-14, 2021

Old 03-14-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Everyone is making awesome progress this weekend except me!

So much for getting anything done today, I did make it to the quilt shop and found a backing for the UFO I'm about to finish so I at least accomplished that part of my list. The visit with my brother and his family went longer than we planned but it was so nice to see them and Laura is getting so big! Didn't get back until after 5 today and tired from the drive so no cleaning tonight. But tomorrow after we get our second shots it tackling the sewing room. 3 quilts without cleaning... this is why I need to address my mess.
Dedemac,

Now, when on earth did you sneak into my house and take those pictures?

CJsews. I have a quilt that looks just like that!
Old 03-14-2021, 11:22 AM

Tropit thank you. Your quilt may have been the one that inspired me to make mine. I am trying to use stash as best as I can. I often see posts here or on other sites that look nice.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac View Post
Everyone is making awesome progress this weekend except me!

So much for getting anything done today, I did make it to the quilt shop and found a backing for the UFO I'm about to finish so I at least accomplished that part of my list. The visit with my brother and his family went longer than we planned but it was so nice to see them and Laura is getting so big! Didn't get back until after 5 today and tired from the drive so no cleaning tonight. But tomorrow after we get our second shots it tackling the sewing room. 3 quilts without cleaning... this is why I need to address my mess.
I can relate to the mess. This works for me; clean the place I want to work. Later I'll clean over there-whereever that is.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by cjsews View Post
I’ve done pretty good so far. Finished my charity quilt. Made some masks for GS. And made one bunny bag. I need to make 3 more bags tomorrow after a visit with Mom
Count the possitives; 3 successes. It's more encouraging than the negatives.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
My Sunday morning update of progress::::::::::::

1. Finish hand sewing binding on January Color Block Quilt. - Done
2. Finish piecing the February Color Block Quilt
3. Go shopping for fabric for Harriet's Journey Quilt - Done and fun!
4. Make shamrock cookies for my son....Patrick. (Also made him a 5 inch apple pie for "PI" day. We are a silly pair!!)
5. Do a "clean up" in my sewing room. (Dust, vac. and put away the odds and ends).
That should do. I will be cheering if I get that much done.

Will have some time this afternoon and evening to at least get #5 out of the way and make progress on #2.
you've accomplished a lot. Congratulations. Sillyness is good for the soul.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:54 AM

Now, my update. Got IZ yesterday. Used a walker. There was no wait and everyone was so nice. Then we mapped a restaurant. Found a 5 star when couldn't find a Pollo Loco that DH wanted. The find was fabulous; tasty, very well presented, staff bent over backwards and gave us free "vampiro" and cheese cake. Both fabulous. We tipped big; forget 15%. If we lived in Madera we'd go there all the time. It's an hour drive.
Only IZ reaction was a little soreness in arm.
Last night could put weight on leg so did some quilt work. Got binding machined on huge quilt (the one I tripped over). Also, got another sandwich pinned. It hasn't made it to UFO status. Amazing might have a quilt that goes straight through.
Today, my leg is doing very good. After walking a while, it's saying take it easy. Need to press the binding and load another quilt on LA. Both take standing. So I'll start the quilting on the new sandwich. Can sit to do that. Good to have options.
Old 03-14-2021, 12:40 PM

Jmoore- hope your vertigo goes away soon, I had it once and it was no fun!

Petthefabric- glad to hear your leg is doing better.

WMUTeach- congratulations on getting so much done.

I've finished putting together the top for the March color block quilt. I also used Inktense pencils to add some color to the shashing cornerstones- not sure I'll leave it as is, or add more color after I quilt it. Now to piece the back. Then I can sandwich it and put it in the queue for quilting.
Here's a picture I took before coloring the cornerstones:
Attached Thumbnails img_2818.jpg  
Old 03-14-2021, 12:46 PM

Petthefabric, I'm glad you're getting around better on that leg. Sounds like quite a dinner and you're making such progress, too!

And you're right - silliness IS good for the soul!
Old 03-14-2021, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
it has been two weeks now for me with this annoying vertigo thing.
Have you watched this video? I had vertigo so bad a few years ago that I couldn't walk unsupported. Even keeping my eyes open was disorienting and made the vertigo worse.

The doctor put me on meclizine, which helped a little, but doing the exercise in this video cured it instantly. Same for my mother who had it a little later. Any time I start to feel it coming on, I follow the video and it's gone. Hope it helps you, too.

https://youtu.be/mQR6b7CAiqk
Old 03-14-2021, 01:06 PM

I'm mostly lurking this weekend. I did a little stenciling on pillows today. But not much else.😔
​​​​​​
sewbiz, love the backpack.

Thimblebug, your blocks are gorgeous, really like the pattern.

Jmoore, beautiful quilt and congratulations on the quick contract. The real estate market is unreal up here too. Have had coworkers list, only to be under contract within 3-7 days, one was only six hours. Amazing.