Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017

Old 05-29-2017, 04:44 PM

Great pictures and info today! Guess what... I actually found my sewing machine! was able to work on some scraps and made 4 crumbs. The three large ones are 4.5 square and the small one is 3 inches, told you I hate throwing away scraps. When I get enough I am making a wall hanging, for the sewing room.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573819[/ATTACH]

Well guess I will go sit with the DH and working on binding while I watch Rouge One.
Thanks for a great VQW, and Raggiemom thanks for hosting!
Attached Thumbnails dsci3854.jpg  
Old 05-29-2017, 05:02 PM

Wow, so much quilting done here these last few days! Today I was really lazy and barely quilted up half a row. But the night is yet young
Old 05-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

The roses runner turned out great, ube! I really love that rose print on the back, too.

Well, all I seemed to accomplish today is making a fabric poppy for my hubby. He really wanted some sort of poppy pin to wear today and all this week, to remember our fallen heroes. We haven't been able to find any kind of poppy ANYWHERE locally. But today I found some poppy fabric at Joann's. I used one of the poppys on it to make him a pin. He's happy.

It's been a nice VQW with y'all again!
Old 05-29-2017, 05:24 PM

Here is my project so far from the Jacqueline de Jonge workshop. It still has several borders to add before it is finished, but I'm very pleased with how much I was able to get done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573822[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20170529_211620.jpg  
Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 PM

wow--some wonderful work! Everyone needs to give yourself a pat on the back!
I did a quick customer lap quilt, FINALLY finished the binding on my display challenge quilt (at this point I just want to be done with this monster--it's fought back every step along the way--just needs a hanging sleeve now). But also do a major cleaning, adjusting, and fixing on my long arm! I'd been having an intermintient shrieking noise--like metal on metal, and I'd been oiling the crud out of it, etc. Finally figured out that it was motor bushings--so cleaned there too and now it's fixed. Planned out a retirement quilt for our minister and got the fabric ordered. But today I haven't done anything related to sewing or quilting--DD & SIL came out and helped us get dead riding mower onto the truck for repair/replacement and then get the brush hog hooked up to tractor. Then I mowed the front pasture. And tonight I will get myself organized and the next Guild meeting planned out. (oh, and paid bills--blah!)
Old 05-29-2017, 08:52 PM

QuiltingVagabond, that is one cool quilt! I'm not there yet...someday
Old 05-30-2017, 03:43 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
The roses runner turned out great, ube! I really love that rose print on the back, too.

Well, all I seemed to accomplish today is making a fabric poppy for my hubby. He really wanted some sort of poppy pin to wear today and all this week, to remember our fallen heroes. We haven't been able to find any kind of poppy ANYWHERE locally. But today I found some poppy fabric at Joann's. I used one of the poppys on it to make him a pin. He's happy.

It's been a nice VQW with y'all again!
I remember so well being handed little paper poppies on Memorial Day at parades and in school. We were so proud to wear them as a remembrance. I don't think this is done anywhere anymore and is one more lost tribute, sad.

Thank you to all who serve our country.
peace
Old 05-30-2017, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
I remember so well being handed little paper poppies on Memorial Day at parades and in school. We were so proud to wear them as a remembrance. I don't think this is done anywhere anymore and is one more lost tribute, sad.

Thank you to all who serve our country.
peace
It was still being done in New Zealand when I lived there, about six years ago now. I still have one poppy I saved. I didn't know they used to do it in America too.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
It was still being done in New Zealand when I lived there, about six years ago now. I still have one poppy I saved. I didn't know they used to do it in America too.
We wear poppies in Canada every year on Remembrance Day (Nov 11) which is, I think, our equivalent of Memorial Day.

I hope all the Americans had a lovely Memorial Day weekend, and thanks Raggiemom for hosting this once again. I didn't get done everything I hoped, but I did get into the sewing room, which is an achievement these days.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:25 AM

Yes, although I didn't get any sewing done yest. thank you for hosting another weekend. Everyone's pictures are so inspiring!