Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017

Virtual Quilting Weekend - May 25-29, 2017

Old 05-26-2017, 09:31 AM

Raggiemom, thanks for hosting. I'm in !

Kelly and Rob--I like how you mix cool blues with warm browns and do the whole modern look successfully.

Boston--that's adorable. Yes, I'd set the ink with an iron.

Today is the first of a 4-day weekend, so you'd think I'd treat myself to sleeping in, right? But no, I was wide awake at 5:30, tried to go back to sleep, but ended up sewing from 6:15 till 9. Then I had laundry and sweeping , plus weeding to do while the sun is out today. Taking a break now, and maybe a shower and nap, too!

I've been playing with 2.5" candies for days on end. Might change my username to CandiedApple if I don't stop obsessing over them. These 16 patches are going to be part of a Patches and Pinwheels quilt which--I think--will be for my guest bed.

I'm working on a jigsaw puzzle quilt also with candies.

Welllllll, my uploads keep failing. I'm not sure what's wrong. I know the files are small enough. I'll try again later.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:46 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573651[/ATTACH]

Here we go.
Attached Thumbnails img_1838.jpg   img_1837.jpg  
Old 05-26-2017, 10:08 AM

Default Weekend Quilting Plans -Canyon Sunrise Sampler

Having recently finished a Star Wars quilt for my grandson and a couple of lap quilts for donation, I am ready to get back to the Canyon Sunrise Sampler quilt blocks I purchased from Joann's. There are a total of 12 blocks, and I have five completed, to date. Overall, it will be quite pretty, but I must say it is frustrating because the pre-cut pieces are so poorly cut that I am continually having to measure, remeasure, and square up! Well, lesson learned (I won't be purchasing their setting and backing kits, but it should be easy to come up with my own. For now, I'll just focus[ATTACH=CONFIG]573652[/ATTACH] on the aesthetics of what the finished product will be. Quilting, even with its challenges, is always a wonderful thing to be doing!
Attached Thumbnails canyon-sunrise-sampler-quilt.jpg  
Old 05-26-2017, 10:15 AM

Sun's out and time to head to the shade, worked on the binding this morning about half way or 9 feet left to sew. Got the flat section of our yard which is little over half of the yard mowed, sun came out before I finished. Laundry and dishes are done so its time to start my book on tape and get back to stitching while watching the bird feeder. Will post a picture when this one is bound.
Nice to see what every one is working on!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:59 AM

Just got back from a long barn day. Horses were coated in dried mud. They definitely enjoyed getting groomed and played with. Then to cleaners with dirty horse blankets. Now, finally, home. Nap time. Then I'll look at my options for backing the two flimsiest I've got going.

Really enjoying seeing what everyone's' working on. Such a wide variety-- Kelly's cool modern, Boston's snowman and cute puppy, Zozee's scrappy candies and Mountainwoman's Canyon Sunrise sampler. Lots of inspiration for future projects!

Rob
Old 05-26-2017, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
I will be going to a 2 day workshop with Jacqueline de Jonge so here is the quilt I will be working on this weekend.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573629[/ATTACH]
The colors are beautiful, and it took several days to cut out the foundations and the fabric. Can't wait to start!
In the meantime, I have been piecing together some blocks I won in last month's block swap at my local guild meeting.
that is stunning! Looking forward to seeing more!

Rob
Old 05-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Zozee, I'm working with my candy squares too. I'm putting together 71 9-patches for the Patches of Life quilt. Have 50 so far and just love the cute little things!

No sewing yet today, but there's still tonight! I only did my gym time this morning and then came home and took a nap, did some bill paying, exercised the dog, and now I'm ready to hit the machine. So nice to have a long weekend.

Sew on, everyone!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:30 PM

It looks like we're off to a good start. I am caught up with a couple of the BOMs now. Amy Gibson's Cookbook block of the week is the one I'm really behind on, I think 8 or 9 blocks! I'll be focusing on that tomorrow. I did work on my niece's wedding quilt today. I hope to have all the flying geese done this weekend. Then I can take to church on Tuesday where I can lay it out and move the pieces around to where I want them. If I do that at home, four cats will help me move the pieces! I still need to cut fabric for the Lemoyne Star class I'm taking next Thursday too. Busy weekend Can't wait to see what everyone works on tomorrow.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:34 PM

I'll be joining you for at least a little while this weekend. Working on the "Legendary" quilt pattern by Elizabeth Hartman for DS#2's birthday in June, and hoping to finish up the quilting on this twister throw.

Love seeing everyone's pictures and progress!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573667[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0315.jpg  
Old 05-26-2017, 02:48 PM

I finished the Blackhawks quilt I've been working on. Everything is ready to go to my DD for binding. I can't manage the binding with my arthritic hands so DD does it for me. I've been making 8" blocks from scraps of each quilt I make to eventually put together a quilt for me of all my accomplishments. The Blackhawk block is #51. Next I'm going to catch up on the HSTs for my temperature quilt. Then I'll work on July's pillow cover. After that I'll see...