Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Old 05-26-2022, 05:34 PM

Good evening everyone. My goals this weekend (1). Set up my friend’s top on the quilting machine tonight. 1st I need to iron both the top and backing. Friday = (1) quilt the top mention above. (2) Sew 2-3 borders on my Bauble top. (3) mail out the BD 2.5” sqs. Saturday = (1) sew on my lock-in top 2020. Yes it’s a UFO. (2) set up & quilt the bauble top on long arm. Another UFO. (2) Sunday = (1) cut out & start sewing a top for my niece (2) finish my lock-in top and place on the long arm. Monday = (1) trim & bind quilted tops quilted earlier in the weekend. (2) cut out a dragon kit and start sewing. (3) quilt lock-in top. That should keep me busy for a few days. I figure what I don’t get completed will become my monthly goals.

Happy VQW everyone.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:13 PM

I'm not as ambitious as some but I've been working on another commissioned I Spy quilt and would like to get the top finished this weekend. Other things keep getting in the way of quilt progress but I think this goal is manageable. Much of the top is laid out - just need to finish actually piecing and then attaching borders. Not convinced I have a piece of fabric that will work for this one as a backing so might even included a very careful trip to the LQS to pick that out and grab batting. Good luck, everyone!
Old 05-26-2022, 07:19 PM

I feel like an under-achiever….i am hoping to get a binding hand stitched
Old 05-26-2022, 09:21 PM

Oof, didn't think it would start early, but that's okay because I've been busy. Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all my USA quilting sisters and thanks for hosting again, Heather!

Working mostly on my GFG, I have 29 flowers done, 11 with the white background, the rest still needs the white. I do intend on laying them out on my bed sometime this weekend (that's if I can get the dogs and my fiancé off of it long enough), I'll snap pictures when I do.

When I'm not working on that, I have four or five yards of white fabric that I've got to cut down for a couple of Cathedral Window pillows for us, but I'm running into some confusion with the measurements, so I'll be posting a question about it later in the main forum.

I'll also be working on a small zippered pouch for my traveling sewing kit so I can take my hexies with me, the ones I have now are just so bulky and take up a lot of room in my purse, the one I found should fit perfectly and looks like a lot of fun to make. I found some cute 2.5" squares that has small scissors, cross stitch patterns, and pins on them, I thought they would be perfect for it so I'm scrapping it up. The pouch has three zippered vinyl pockets that'll be just the right size for my hexies, then more on the other side for scissors, thread and anything else I need.

Feeling really good about this weekend, haven't felt this good in a long time and I feel that the momentum I've been building up with my GFG is going to carry over. Also, having all of my quilting sisters around me makes things easy and fun - love these weekends so much!
Old 05-27-2022, 02:52 AM

Helping a friend move today - but tomorrow...
1)hopefully finish the top for Catitude french braid and then more 2) Snail Trail blocks (they're taking me a very long time!)
3) If I need a change of pace I have some Project Linus scrappiest that need sandwiching - my least favorite part of the process

Last edited by Rff1010; 05-27-2022 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:09 AM

Oh, Goodie another opportunity to dive into finishing projects and starting new ones.
I started yesterday going through a bin of scraps that I just had to keep. I is full of Odds and Ends of blocks from other projects, "orphan blocks", cuts off snow balled corners and on and on. Well I made the center of two baby quilts yesterday and will continue to move ahead.

1. Finish the pastel baby quilt top, layer and quilt.
2. Square up the random blocks and bag them for future use.
3. Get caught up with guild mystery Quilt.
4. Assemble the Civil War Star Quilt - get those setting triangles in place!.
5. Plan a RWB table runner for a neighbor and maybe one for myself.

That will do for this week-end. Happy stitching everyone.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:43 AM

I'm joining too! The director of CASA in our county will be visiting our quilt guild in June. She put the word out that they need baby and small child quilts. So yesterday I started cutting. I need to gather a few more blues, then I will be ready to sew. I am really looking forward to making a quilt for a child. I have no grandchildren, so I don't make them very often.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:52 AM

Friday morning and I am getting ready for bed.

I am much farther along on my GFG than I originally thought I was, I didn't know that until I laid the flowers out. I think another twenty or even thirty flowers will be enough to give me the hang that I want off of the bed. Super excited that I'm so close.

Later today, more white around the flowers and working on the white fabric I have.
Attached Thumbnails img_20220527_014149.jpg  
Old 05-27-2022, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Ugh, my sewing room needs a good cleaning. I'm finishing up a project but I have messes everywhere and can't find a thing!
So you can guess what I'll be doing
Old 05-27-2022, 10:45 AM

I got home Wednesday from a week of taking care of my mother and sister who caught covid. I usually only spend 1 night and day with my mom to give my sister a break. I came Tuesday night and on Wednesday morning my sister tested positive. She went to her house and I was then caregiver for my 89 year old mother who tested positive the next day. After they both had a round of antivirals and tested positive I got to come home this past Wednesday.

Just before I left I had started quilting a queen size quilt for my son and his wife. I finally got back to hand quilting it when I got back. That is what I will be working on this weekend. I may start cutting out the fabric for his brother's quilt to give me a change of pace