Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

Old 05-26-2022, 05:24 AM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 26-30, 2022

I thought I would make this weekend's VQW a little longer since it is a long holiday weekend for many! I have MANY projects in process and will be working on those this weekend. I had company for a couple weeks this month so not much progress has been made on anything. First project after lunch today is to machine bind two quilts. Then I have a third charity quilt that needs sandwiching, quilting, and binding. Once that's done, I'll reassess and see what project would like to be worked on next. Probably an EPP UFO.

So what is everyone else working on this weekend? Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Next VQW is July 1-4, 2022.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:40 AM

Yay!. Thanks for hosting and for starting a little early. Here's my list:
1. finish quilting Snail's Trail Al Fresco
2. finish paper piecing the arcs on the Judy Niemeyer Sunflower quilt
3. put the borders on my Oct. Color block quilt
4. resume quilting on my doodle quilt

That should be enough to keep me busy LOL!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

Rob
Old 05-26-2022, 08:18 AM

Thank for hosting again Heather, I’m in! I have 2 completed quilts from last weekend that need the binding sewn on, one more top that I need to get loaded on the longarm and hopefully quilted (if the thread makes it here) and maybe do some fabric prep or my next project. I also need to prep and stain my front door, provided the weather holds out, so we will see who wins for my time. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 05-26-2022, 08:30 AM

I finally pulled out a needle turn appliqué project. I am down to the borders. As I couldn’t sleep last night , I was thinking I should quilt a UFO. Or maybe start a new
project. For now a nap sounds good. We’ll see how much I can accomplish.
thanks for hosting
Old 05-26-2022, 08:55 AM

Ha, as usually, my list is way longer than my arms and attention span. I do want to work on Bonnie's 2017 mystery, then if I actually get that completed, there are a couple of flannel queen sized ones, then I could do Bonnie's 2016 mystery, then I could actually quilt all the above or I could work on a couple of table runner sized I picked up when I bought my stripology mini, and I have downloaded a couple of Bonnie's newer PDF patterns and have piles of scraps, and I should finish my planting, and I need to clean out my car as I had an awful smell in there yesterday, thinking it might be a dead mouse somewhere, good thing though, it did not smell nearly as much this morning. Oh, and I bought a new oven yesterday and need to clear my pathway to the kitchen so they can deliver it. yeap, this should keep me busy for a bit, oh and I have to remember to my exercises for my PT.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

I am in too! I got the weeds all pulled in the gardens and the patio set up. Whew, that was a job, I tell you!
I want to finish up a Shabby Fabrics bargello christmas tree skirt and quilt a Spooky Halloween house panel I added the four blocks that they suggested. It is a very long one so that should be enough to keep me hopping. I also need to box up the pin cushion I made for the swap here on the board to be ready to mail out when I get my name assigned to me.
If I get all that done, I will quilt a patriotic wall hanging I made a few years ago. That should be fun during this holiday. I really want to use it for fouth of july.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:47 AM

If I get a chance to join, it won't be until Sunday afternoon. After 5 years for saying "we really should have a garage sale this May", we've finally gone thru all the boxes in the basement and the sale is set for Saturday. Tomorrow is finishing prep and begging Mother Nature for sunny skies, and Sunday will be recovery--and maybe finishing my Rolling Waves top. But I will be checking in to see how all your projects are going.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:23 PM

I have an applique project that has a lot of small pieces which I am cutting out. I think I got that done, now to begin applying them. Yikes.
Old 05-26-2022, 02:22 PM

sewingpup--that's why I didn't make a list! I knew it would be longer than I would ever accomplish

I did get the two quilts bound and I have the third one sandwiched and ready to go tomorrow. I started cutting border strips for some blocks. They are 1 1/2 inches by 11 inches. Sigh--I cut mine at 9 1/2 inches because I looked at the wrong side of the block. So I will recut them the correct size tomorrow. I could piece them but I don't want to! While watching the Yankees tonight, I am going to sort through some hand work stuff I have tossed in a basket and see what exactly is in there.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:27 PM

Begining with:
  • Binding on Charity Quilt so it can be washed/dried
  • Glue baste 2nd charity quilt...piecing backing tonight.
  • Tidy up fabric room OMG...huge mess in there. That may take 1 1/2 days with several breaks for snacks
  • Decided what quilt to start for 3rd charity quilt.
That's enough for one weekend. Especially the fabric room project!!!