Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020

Old 11-30-2020, 12:02 PM

I would scream too!!!

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Can you hear me scream?....................I am on the last pantograph row, ran out of bobbin thread and I must started the panto on the wrong spot and have almost a whole row to rip out as it overlaps the previous row! Not only that I put my backing on the wrong direction and only have a half inch of backing fabric extra...can I scream again, Just need to be careful when I quilt so I don't hit pins, but think I will take pins out and hand stitch in place....
Old 11-30-2020, 12:03 PM

Hope you've recovered and feeling much better.

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
How quickly I can change gears for this weekend! I thought I was going to finish a wall hanging and Wham! I made 15 Christmas stocking! 8 of them already left the house and went to my daughters home and I made an additional 7 stockings. They came out great I am very pleased to have accomplished so much. Especially since Saturday was a lost day as I was sick to my stomach all day and couldn't sleep all night so I went 48 hours with no sleep. I couldn't even think about sewing for fear I would hurt myself with the lack of sleep.
Here is a pic of this last group of 7.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:05 PM

I forgot to post last night! My November ufo is done and I'm working on the two quilt alongs I'm doing with the local shop. I fixed the double wedding ring footballs so the points look much better. Now tomorrow I can start attaching to the center. Sounds like it was a very productive weekend for many! See you December 18!
Old 11-30-2020, 12:59 PM

Great stockings, juliasb!
oksewglad, I'm so sorry, that stinks! I hope you're able to overcome the struggle.

Thanks again, Raggiemom, and see you then! Meanwhile I've got to come up with some easy throw pillow covers for Christmas/Winter.

Thanks for everyone's posting - it really did help me to get this top done!
Old 11-30-2020, 03:51 PM

Brown Susannah quilt almost finished w the quilting.

Basted the 50 state license plates but discovered I have forgotten how to write in cursive. (Plan is to fmq the 50 state names in the strips.). So I have been practicing. I can hear the groans of the more mature board members ... Especially those who remember penmanship class.