Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020

Old 11-30-2020, 05:01 AM

I actually managed to get my "I Spy" quilted and binding made and attached. Fiddled around the rest of the day: made a couple rows for a big scrap project, made one more pinwheel block to give to a friend, did a couple blocks for yet another scrap project, finished by embroidering on some applique as embellishment. All in all, I count it as a very successful VQW, Thanks for hosting,
Old 11-30-2020, 05:34 AM

I didn't get any more work done on my quilt. Saturday was such a beautiful day and I spent a lot of time out of the house. I was very lazy on Sunday, but did a little house cleaning. This quilt has to be finished by Saturday, so I better get to work!
Loved hearing about everyone's progress.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:41 AM

I decided to extend our VQW one more day or maybe two! Didn't get the top finished like I wanted to but should be able to finish it today. Also plan to glue baste quilt for Project Linus. Then dig for more orange, navy, and cream. Need to make Denver Bronco lap quilt for teen. OMG, I better get off the computer and start working...lol
Old 11-30-2020, 06:40 AM
Power Poster

I flitted to another project..got a mini quilt quilted and binding sewn on, now to stitch it in place...maybe when i watch Jeopardy today. I managed to get all the stitches picked out and will go and finish quilting the quilt on the LA and then start on the 2 flimsies that are waiting.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:49 AM

Thanks for hosting this weekend. Everyone's projects look so interesting and beautiful. I got another section of my quilt quilted. Yeah! I made a few masks for the family, but no one liked them, so I won't make any more of those. I tested out Solvy dissolving fabric by making some coasters....they came out nice.

I'm braving the outside world today to grocery shop and run errands. I don't want to go, but I'm afraid that it's necessary. We're out of everything. I was also going to go to the DMV to renew my license, but the heck with that. I'm not going to wait in that crowded office for hours just to take an eye test. I'll have to let it expire and renew when it's safer. I hardly drive anywhere these days anyway.

Stay safe out there and I hope that we can do this next month.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

I am glad I joined this thread. I didn't finish my table runner but have been working on it every chance I get. I will finish it in the next couple of days and get it in the mail.
Thanks for hosting.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:56 AM

Even with 4 days off, I still took the entire weekend to put together one flimsy. Several ripping and re-sewing fits and it's done. Approximately 67"x89". Debating if I dare even try to do basic SID first on this under my Brother or Janome, neither of which has much throat space. When it's completed it will go off to my sister, who is currently nursing my mom around the clock...as a thank you and because she just loves the colors, like I do!

For the backing I'm thinking of using the fabric in the second picture, which is also a favorite.
Attached Thumbnails multicolor.jpg   effervescence.jpg  
Old 11-30-2020, 09:48 AM

I completed the brown quilt. Just need to wash and take a pic and give to the neighbor. I hope he likes it.

I sewed all of BHMQ blocks. I just need to iron and trim 1/2 of the squares. I will post pics next VQW session.

see everyone next month.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

Can you hear me scream?....................I am on the last pantograph row, ran out of bobbin thread and I must started the panto on the wrong spot and have almost a whole row to rip out as it overlaps the previous row! Not only that I put my backing on the wrong direction and only have a half inch of backing fabric extra...can I scream again, Just need to be careful when I quilt so I don't hit pins, but think I will take pins out and hand stitch in place....
Old 11-30-2020, 11:59 AM

How quickly I can change gears for this weekend! I thought I was going to finish a wall hanging and Wham! I made 15 Christmas stocking! 8 of them already left the house and went to my daughters home and I made an additional 7 stockings. They came out great I am very pleased to have accomplished so much. Especially since Saturday was a lost day as I was sick to my stomach all day and couldn't sleep all night so I went 48 hours with no sleep. I couldn't even think about sewing for fear I would hurt myself with the lack of sleep.
Here is a pic of this last group of 7.
Attached Thumbnails 7-stockings.jpg  

Last edited by juliasb; 11-30-2020 at 12:01 PM.