Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020

Old 11-28-2020, 05:22 AM

I just popped in to look at pictures of ya'lls projects. keep them coming, I love seeing what everyone is working on!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

https://www.janome.com/en/inspire/pr...-table-runner/
This is what I am having fun with all my Christmas fabrics making
Old 11-28-2020, 05:36 AM

OK, well posted a (badly lit) photo of my penguin to the thread here (2020 Penguins - Page 9 - Quiltingboard Forums) , and have done some work on my Moda project bag (the least important thing, but currently the most intriguing, lol)

With the project bag I have done my first ever machine quilting using a walking foot (went a lot better than expected, although definitely room for improvement), sewed vinyl for the first time (also gone surprisingly well), and sewn in my first ever zip (amazingly seems to have worked - now just need to not cut the zip part off when trimming....). So all bits of the bag are ready to be assembled.

QuiltBaer - I love your stars, that is a great block, and the colours work really well

Old 11-28-2020, 06:05 AM

Default Saturday Update

Didn't get much done yesterday or last night, Butters kept signalling I had a migraine coming, so I stayed close to her and the fiance and kept quiet as much as I could Still no migraine, but we do have rain and a cold front moving through tonight. We'll see.

I'm hoping once I get out of bed later to get some work done, we used that bedroom as a catch-all and there's still more cleaning and moving furniture around. I'll be happy when that room is done, it was the first one I wanted to tackle but was talked out of it
Old 11-28-2020, 08:49 AM

I wasn't able to sew on Thanksgiving or Friday, but I told my DH I will sew today! I'm just doing a bit more FMQ on the queen size quilt. Each block done is one block closer to finishing, as slow as it seems. And I have a little helper too! Isabelle (18 months) loves to sit beside me as I work. We have some very deep and meaningful conversations!
Attached Thumbnails img_20201128_101331077.jpg  
Old 11-28-2020, 03:54 PM

I figured there might be a few of you working on Bonnie Hunter this weekend . We have all the Christmas decorations up that we're doing this year. I did work on my ufo this afternoon and did the next couple steps. My goal is to assemble the dahlia part tomorrow then Monday I can applique it to background. Just in the nick of time!

Watson, glad you caught your mistake in time!

Railroadersbrat, hope you don't get the migraine.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:53 PM

A VQW isn't what I thought, I didn't realize there would be so much inter-action among members, so many pictures (love seeing them). I can't post pictures to this board but I'm putting aside almost everything to work on my projects so I consider myself a part of the weekend regardless. I've made good progress on a quilt for my oldest stepdaughter and I wanted to work on 5 simple charm pack runners for all 4 stepdaughters and one step-DIL. I was doing fine, 4 tops completed. The charms are in 3 vertical rows and on the final runner I've managed to lose the final row. I know I made it, I had the runner laid out on my work table. So I've lost a lot of time today searching my large apartment to see where I could have left it. A neighbor stopped by yesterday and lost her keys. Keys are small. She came back, we looked together, eventually the keys were found. A 5" x almost 50" row of bright fabrics isn't easy to lose. Help!!!!! Anyway, I'm enjoying quilting along with all of you.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:27 PM

I've made a lot of progress on this Project Linus scrappy quilt. Hopefully will get it fully pieced tomorrow and then have 2 tops done for PL!
Old 11-28-2020, 07:03 PM

I enjoy reading all the great progress going on this week.

So far I quilted the 85’ by 85’ inch brown top. Tomorrow I just need to machine sew the binding on and it’s done. Tonight I will mark & pin a few BHMQ stripes and sew several of them tomorrow. My goal to complete the squares before Friday’s step. I also cut out 2 steps of the QB mystery QAL. And cut out 2 steps on another project.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

This morning had to dash to pick up MrOK's new Rx, so took a side trip to LQS other side of the town. They were having a 25% sale on everything...found the perfect fabric to use as strips between the flying geese top I've been working on. Tonight have all the FG strips sewn now to cut the new fabric to put between the strips. This will be about 75 x 95 when finished.