2020 Penguins

Old 11-08-2020, 06:15 AM

Carly the pattern will still be there when you're ready

Though I confess I'm feeling a bit impatient myself - my printer decided to stop working so I can't print out the applique sheet for tracing. Hoping to get it fixed during the week, but in the meantime no penguin for me!
Old 11-22-2020, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Panchita View Post
Carly the pattern will still be there when you're ready

Though I confess I'm feeling a bit impatient myself - my printer decided to stop working so I can't print out the applique sheet for tracing. Hoping to get it fixed during the week, but in the meantime no penguin for me!
Hi Panchita.... and everybody else..... did you get your printer working properly again? If not.... do you have some kind of a office supply shop that could print it out for you?
Old 11-22-2020, 11:00 PM

Hi Thimblebug! I did manage to get the printer fixed (yay!), and have actually completed November's penguin as of this Saturday evening. I just haven't posted a picture yet as I haven't been around to photograph it when there is sufficient light to get a reasonable result.

It has been a surprisingly busy weekend - we went on an impromptu visit to a local, not quite deserted but not far off, beach yesterday, which absolutely delighted DS and we enjoyed it too, but that combined with other duties like cutting DH's hair, housework, etc meant I did not get any time to myself yesterday while it was still light outside.

I will try to take a photo today and post it asap . He is a cute little fella. I'm pleased with how he turned out, and am still kind of pondering snowball placement. I ended up doing the same as you and changing the existing snowball's trajectory, but am also considering adding a couple of snowballs at the penguin's feet. I probably won't make a final decision about that until the top is being put together, so for now I'm considering it (mainly) finished.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:11 AM

Oh good, glad it worked for you!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:22 AM

So just in time to be before the new (and last!) block is released, I attach a photo of my November snowballing penguin.

I am still pondering the possible additional snowball situation, but shelving a final decision for now.

Apologies for the bad lighting - it is a dark, gloomy, lights-on-all-day day here in Wales, and this is the best I can do!
Attached Thumbnails q-nov-penguin-2020.jpg  
Old 11-28-2020, 04:30 PM

Perfect. Love the burgundy winter wear!
Old 11-30-2020, 05:53 AM

supercute penguins!
Old 11-30-2020, 08:02 AM

So cute! Wonder what our penguin will be up to tomorrow?
Old 12-04-2020, 05:10 PM

I printed out the last penguin ..and he is a snowboarder! I had to empty my fabric closet because the attic access is in there and the furnace installer thought he might have to go up through there! ..... so will have to get my room to rights before I can choose my fabrics.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:40 PM

I too have printed out the pattern (quick! before my very old printer decides to go temperamental again, lol). And I'm hoping to select fabrics and start the fusing process today.

He's cute. And I was flipping through the other completed blocks this morning thinking 'this is going to be one super cute quilt once it's put together'. I'm kind of hoping to use my background fabric for the sashing (maybe with a frame for each block in a contrasting fabric colour - possibly black - first) as I'm having trouble thinking what would go well with it otherwise. Just hope I have enough!! I will definitely be submitting my photos to find out what her thoughts are on setting first though.