Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 6-8, 2020 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 6-8, 2020

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 6-8, 2020

Old 11-07-2020, 10:07 AM

Just one side to go on the binding for this quilt. These are units from one of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilts that I decided not to finish En Provence I think. This will be donated to our local women's shelter.
Attached Thumbnails 20201107_125253.jpg  
Old 11-07-2020, 10:16 AM

Quilted the final bit on my Quartered Striped so all I have is the binding, which is my least favourite part.

Then I went to the grocery store. In shorts. And sandals. In November. In Canada. Crazy weather, but I'm taking full advantage of it. This time last year we had a huge snow storm.

Off to the farm to see my horse this afternoon then back to working on my pouch and rope coasters tonight.

Watson
Old 11-07-2020, 10:39 AM

Quiltingvagabond, your purple quilt is beautiful!

I haven’t sewed yet this morning but I will be in the next half an hour! I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!
Old 11-07-2020, 11:13 AM

I think I'm missing some pages in my brain. I was going through some quilts and found one that had been machine quilted, but had no binding. Looks like I never made the binding, so I made one and put it on last night and messed up all 4 corners. This a.m. was fixing the corners. I don't even remember making the quilt let alone sending it to the LA. It's a hanging garden made with batiks. Corners now fixed but my hands are so swollen that it's hard to hang onto a needle. Did about 18 inches hand sewing. Perhaps too much salt on my scrambled eggs.

IceBlossom, I'm still trying to learn to put pictures in here. I wish it were the old way.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:24 AM

I'm glad to see you back, Battle Axe! Did you get all those downloads straightened out and are you going to join us for the Bonnie Hunter, or did that make you reconsider?

Sometimes when I look at my old kodak-type photo album, I see quilts I don't remember at all! Sometimes they come back when I see them and other times I still draw a blank.

edit/PS: Am on coffee break, have all the first round of the Goose units started. Have enough pins for 23 of the 25 blocks Last year I had enough for all combines each round.

Was reminding husband that it was roughly a year ago that my car was in the shop and I was boiling fabric like a crazy woman to set the running dye of that "bargain" bag of hand-dyes I got at the thrift store. At least I'm at a point where I can laugh about it now, but I know if I wasn't stuck in the car due to the car repairs those fabrics would not have been boiiled... and here I am still "Frolicking" and stuck in the house due to covid.

Still, I'm enjoying seeing the quilt start to come from the bits and pieces

Last edited by Iceblossom; 11-07-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-07-2020, 11:59 AM

Everyone seems real busy. I am getting a late start. Was tired last night when I came home from my mother's so didn't get anything done. Dh and I found out our son and his family are not coming for Thanksgiving since they feel dh's job makes him more open to covid. He is a greeter at a local college. They had an outbreak in September, went all virtual and came back a few weeks ago and it has been pretty quiet. He works outdoors, wears a mask and socially distance from people who come into his parking lot. He also has very few people coming into his parking lot. Dh was very upset as I was. He is even thinking about taking a 2 week leave in Dec so he can see them at Christmas. We are upset but we do understand.

Only the last third on my quilt to baste. Hope to get it done so I can start quilting either tonight or tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone
Old 11-07-2020, 12:11 PM

Update:

Only got a few blocks done, stopping for a while to take an extended break with the fiancé, last virtual quilt weekend, I stayed put in one location too long and almost locked up my hip. Fiancé came in and reminded me of that just now, so we're going to go play some Halo.

Been distracted today, more than usual, but that has been directly caused by the election. Hoping when I come back later, I'll be more focused.
Old 11-07-2020, 12:45 PM

I’m taking a short break from quilting to check in and move around. I FMQed through a full bobbin without any thread breaks so I’m super excited about that! I decided on a loopy meander in pale pink thread for the totally tulips quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 2a4828db-2e84-49c3-b862-150dabd31992.jpeg  
Old 11-07-2020, 01:07 PM

I have been cutting and stitching throughout the day. Not steadily but at an even pace for me. I have 3/4 of 5 blocks made. I hope to have these done by early evening. I will start the other blocks tonight or tomorrow after church. (At home I don't go out because of COVID) I hope to be piecing my blocks together by tomorrow afternoon. We got the yard cleaned up today. This was a big job but the weather will wait for no one. So now I am checking the board and then will go back to sewing. What a Saturday this has been.
Old 11-07-2020, 02:11 PM

Took the pic with the quilt on the cutting table All the dahlias in the backyard are dug but not put in storage yet/

http://20201107_142033.jpg