Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- September 2 to 5, 2016

Old 09-02-2016, 11:41 AM

here is my progress so far -

I found this maze online, and then figured out what I needed.

Since this has a lot of HST, I tried the "8 at a time" method. They are ready to cut apart, press and trim. Then I get to the fun part - putting it together!

I've got my design wall set up and ready to go

It's an old projector screen.

Only thing that fits well in my half story sewing room.

Old 09-02-2016, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
I wish I could join you but have too much else going on. Local town has a huge craft fair all three days. Want to check it out first thing Sat. AM before it gets too crowded; have a 7AM blood test before Tues. knee replacement surgery. I want to go to the Parade Sun. School district closed one of 4 high schools and combined the marching bands into one. My DD marched in band back in the day and I've followed them since. Mon. is planned getting the apt. organized for after-surgery. My BFF of 60 years is coming in from CA to take care of me. I MAY have time to get a little quilting done in short bits of time. I sure hope so as I won't be able to sew for a couple of weeks. I'll be checking here to see what all of you have been doing. I'm envious for all the quilting time you'll have.
Good luck on your knee replacement surgery! Just remember that the best outcome means hard work on physical therapy--which isn't always fun. And have some handwork to keep busy with and I was able to sit for short periods and work at the machine after both my replacments, so have something cut and ready to mess with--you just won't feel like standing for long periods for cutting or pressing.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:27 PM

Wish I could join--busy getting everything ready so we can take off for a trip (first!) to D.C. next week! Going by train, which adds to the fun.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
Good luck on your knee replacement surgery! Just remember that the best outcome means hard work on physical therapy--which isn't always fun. And have some handwork to keep busy with and I was able to sit for short periods and work at the machine after both my replacments, so have something cut and ready to mess with--you just won't feel like standing for long periods for cutting or pressing.
Thank you quiltingshorttimer. I can't handsew because of my RA. I do have a good supply of library books and books on my Kindle. I've been doing some exercises for the past few weeks.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Thanks for hosting this again! I need to prepare a few hand appliqué bear blocks as I just finished my 4th block last night. I hope to work on my McKenna Ryan owl quilt again, just need to make myself pick it up again.... will also have my two grand doggies today so that might put a kink in things, but the big doggie will go home tonight... and the little puggy loves to sit on my knee at the sewing machine. Here are my 3rd and 4th bear blocks that I've been working on while camping.[ATTACH=CONFIG]557331[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]557332[/ATTACH]
Those bears are adorable.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:09 PM

Congratulations Leta! And have fun with the grand babies.

Rob<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>
Old 09-02-2016, 02:36 PM
Power Poster

oh my goodness, those bears are so darn cute!!! excellent job on them too.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

I will be planning a miniature quilt for the September Mini Swap.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:59 PM

I'm in. Want to finish piecing a blooming nine patch quilt, and 3 bargello placemats. I love these weekends and have looked forward to this one since the last one.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:31 PM

I managed to trace and cut my appliqué shapes today on freezer paper for my 5th bear block (had a slight hiccup.... DH lost his key to the truck AFTER he had put our grand doggy into it)..... off I went and rescued the two of them, needless to say he is replacing his key ring with one that doesn't release keys! I have been doing a little hand quilting on my hand appliquéd owl quilt...... I have a chicken in the slow cooker..... and more potatoes in foil in the 2nd slow cooker..... only have fresh tomato so will have to add canned corn but will be yummy enough!