Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
VQW 2/7/2021 Super Bowl >

VQW 2/7/2021 Super Bowl

VQW 2/7/2021 Super Bowl

Old 02-01-2021, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

Most of the tickets and all the best seat tickets are bought by big business to be used to woo clients and celebrities. Seems to me that sport fans who have supported and kept the team spirit alive have been put on the bottom rung.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:26 AM

I just finished a baby quilt top and will more than likely working on that. Haven't decided what I am using for a backing, but have different pieces I could use. I may use a flannel piece I have and then only put a sheet or similar fabric for batting. Don't want it to be too heavy but want a little more than a flannel back.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:05 PM

I'm up for one. I don't do the Super bowl. The last one I watched was the year Heidi interrupted the game. I was in the hospital and because not every one had TVs that worked I had other pts. come into my room to watch the game. I laid back and rested until Heidi came on. Those watching the game were furious that the end of what turned out to be some kind of turn over was not televised. I got to watch Heidi. So I would love to have a great quilting day.

Old 02-01-2021, 04:15 PM

I would love a VQW for Super Bowl. I will be sewing in the morning and will watch the game to the final seconds. This is a game match I’ve been hoping for for a few years now. Patrick Verse Brady. The new QB verses the old QB. Remember, both QBs has the ability of coming from behind from 10 to 20+ points. I expect a good game.(keeping fingers crossed). I just hope all players come to win.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:43 PM

Location: NY Adirondacks in Summer and goes "South" to WNY in the winter!

Did you hear how many tickets will be given free to Health Care workers? It was a drawing of applicants, not some popularity contest! Love the idea.
Will be working on my Grassy Creek and also looking for the Clydesdale Horses. My favorite one was where the grown up horse sees his original trainer and runs to reunite with him!
Old 02-01-2021, 06:53 PM

I just enjoy the junk food and chicken wings... lol... and the commercials. And, I do not prepare an evening meal. So looking forward to that. We are shopping for the menu on Thursday....
Old 02-01-2021, 11:31 PM

Love football, I have a menu planned out, all finger food, homemade pizza. I will knit while I am watching the game.
Old 02-02-2021, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Julienm1 View Post
... Always watch the Super Bowl looking for the Clydesdale horses ....
Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK View Post
... also looking for the Clydesdale Horses. ...
According to https://abc7chicago.com/super-bowl-2...-2020/9997549/ "For the first time in 37 years, the beer company isn't advertising during the Super Bowl."

There are other big name companies that will not have ads per https://www.marketwatch.com/story/su...ear-2021-01-28

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 02-02-2021, 01:29 PM

Oh I'd like to join in too! Hopefully by then I will have settled on the setting for my penguins quilt. I keep changing my mind. Which is unfortunate, seeing as I have already started sashing it...

Old 02-02-2021, 05:38 PM

I'll be in. I am the football fan in our house, been a NE Patriots fan for years. But without Brady and Gronk it's not the same, and watching them with Buccaneers will be like rubbing salt in a wound.🥺 So sewing will be a much better idea for me.👍