Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
VQW (Come Quilt with us) 10/9-10/12/15 >

VQW (Come Quilt with us) 10/9-10/12/15

VQW (Come Quilt with us) 10/9-10/12/15

Old 10-09-2015, 04:22 AM

Default VQW (Come Quilt with us) 10/9-10/12/15

Are you realizing Christmas is only two months away and you haven't started making gifts yet? Maybe you have some UFOs you would like to cross off your list. Or perhaps you just want to make something for yourself! Whatever your project is, we would love to have you join us for the Columbus Day Virtual Quilting Weekend. We will be here all weekend working on our own projects and we love to see what others are working on and to share pictures.

For those new to the idea, since the Board is spread out across the world, once a month (generally!), we "gather together" on this thread and share what we're working on. Many people come away with new ideas (because we never have enough already!) and with much accomplished over the weekend. Come and go as fits your schedule. If you have any questions, just ask.

I plan to finish an EPP project from the class I took last weekend, a Lone Star top, and hopefully a few of the projects I promised my mother! So on to the sewing room

BTW, the next Virtual Quilting Weekend will be November 13-15.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

Yes, I will be piecing this weekend. Spent all day yesterday searching Google for ideas.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:06 AM

I will be finishing a mystery quilt that I have been to busy to get to. I also will be boarding a quilt from a recent class that I took on tumblers. I'm doing a mitered border with scallops for that one. Something new for me.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 AM

Well, I'm working this weekend, but I do want to try to accomplish a couple quilty things after I get off. I'm hoping to do 3 or 4 farmer's wife blocks this weekend. Today I plan on pulling fabric and pre-cutting so I can chain piece everything. It goes pretty quick like that. Also want to get some straight line quilting done on my mom's birthday gift, a fall table runner and placemats. If I'm lucky, I hope to do a block or two for my own quilt. Ha!
Old 10-09-2015, 05:26 AM

This is Canadian Thanksgiving week end and Monday is a holiday for us. I have several things I could do--work on pillowcases and placemats for our guild charities, make the guild BOM, finish quilting a runner that has been hanging on my design wall for waaay to long, start cutting the pieces for my DD's La Scala quilt top....oh dear where to start....
Old 10-09-2015, 05:54 AM

Hoping to join in this weekend, but it is Thanksgiving up here so I have family in town. Assuming they let me disappear for a bit I have a bunch of projects to work on - finishing the longarming on two quilts (almost done now), binding 6 quilts (oops, how did I let that happen?), some handwork on an embroidery project and my Mexican Star quilt which has been languishing for 5 years, and a myriad of other hopes and dreams
Old 10-09-2015, 06:45 AM

Looking forward to getting some sewing time this weekend too, not sure yet what project I'll work on.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:17 AM

This is what happens when I get up to press--the new kitten wants to help!
Attached Thumbnails wp_20151009_007.jpg  
Old 10-09-2015, 07:58 AM

I am in. I have just finished quilting one quilt and need to square it and bind it. I am just starting FMQ on a chevron and need to quilt a third all of these are baby quilts. One was born early the other any day. Also want to make some more baby wash clothes and some burp rags. So plan to be busy!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:35 AM

I'm in. I need to make a small Nov quilt for a swap. I 'm still deciding on projects. I plan to cut and make 10-15 Christmas blocks for swaps, (more if I have time). In between I will work on my sister's doll quilt and pillow case. In between I need to make 2 1/2" block squares for a swap. I have the fabric, just need to cut them and package them.
That should keep me busy for 3 days. Have fun sewing and quilting everyone.